Everybody has bad days. Most people have had exceptionally bad days. Some people have had the absolute worst day possible.

A few people, though, have the above, and then end up having an amazing day by the time sunset rolls around.

Today (for me) was a really, really bad day. I slept for way too long (if I sleep too long, then my whole body starts to ache and it only gets worse as the day goes on), and then I had to go to work without eating, very nearly being late as well. I got chewed out by my manager (for something that, incidentally, wasn't even my fault) and the restaurant got hammered pretty hard today; we were short-staffed as it was, and I wasn't able to sit down for over 6 hours. By the time my closing shift ended (which means taking out all the trash in the place, in the pouring rain), I was about ready to either pass out from low blood sugar or punch the next person who so much as looked at me wrong.

Right before I clocked out, I remembered that I had four and a half days worth of tipouts (where I work, bussers get a percentage of the total tips for the night) to collect. I went into the office, to discover that I had more than eighty dollars waiting for me.

Needless to say, it was a good day from there on out. I went to the grocery store and got some diaper cream and powder and a pack of candy to stave off the impending blackout from not eating... and then realized that I bought $20 worth of stuff, and still had much more, and that I had earned all of it by myself. It was a great feeling, knowing that I had this... power to buy things.

And then I went home, and I'm eating a sandwich that I bought the ingredients for, sitting on a couch in a house that I'm paying rent for, all the while knowing that everything is going to turn out alright.

tl;dr i was having the suckiest of sucky days, and then i had an epiphany. extremely bad day ==> awesome day.

well... anyway. share your "good day" stories here, and remember: life is good.