Thread: NBA Finals

Default NBA Finals

Heat are smacking OKC around right now. Looks like James is about to get his ring.

If James gets a ring he clearly deserves it. He knew Cleveland wasn't getting him anywhere so thats why he left.

(Still dislikes Basketball to a *large* extent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    If James gets a ring he clearly deserves it. He knew Cleveland wasn't getting him anywhere so thats why he left.

(Still dislikes Basketball to a *large* extent.)
    I heard through the rumour mill that one of his team mates tagged his mother and caused his exodus.

Just a rumour of course, but a funny one at that.

I prefered last year when Miami lost. I'm not a basketball fan but I hate seeing any sports team so heavily stacked with talent. Really takes away from the competitiveness and enjoyment.

You could say that about a lot of teams in history.

Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq. The Celtics have their big 3. The heat certainly aren't the first ones to do it. Besides, this NBA finals was very competitive and enjoyable. I don't even have a favorite NBA team, I just like seeing a good game. Barring tonight's blowout, every game in the series was good.

I am no fan of LeBron after 'The Decision' as I found that show to be in bad taste and I had a bad feeling he was going to leave Cleveland after the 2009/2010 season. But I will admit he has matured since that asinine show.

I was not surprised that he won... Am I happy he finally got his 'precious'? NO- I wish he would have done it in Cleveland back in '07. And for the record, I am a DIE-HARD Cavs fan who is just glad to have the team after having gone through a franchise shift and losing my Browns in 1995 and ended up with a joke 'replacement' Browns. I always prefer to keep the team rather than a superstar player... especially after the Browns debacle.

I do give LeBron credit as he does a lot of charity work in near-by Akron, Ohio and he gives back to his hometown so I respect that. I just didn't respect 'The Decision' and how he didn't just tell people he was leaving.

Life goes on- and now all we're going to hear on ESPN is how LeBron is the best and all sorts of Cleveland jokes... which I am not looking forward to right now as I am a loyal Cleveland fan.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I was not surprised that he won... Am I happy he finally got his 'precious'? NO- I wish he would have done it in Cleveland back in '07.
    He left because he wasn't getting a ring with them. no matter how good one person your team is, its not going to get your trough the playoffs or even possibly into them. If the Cleveland team whatever their name is wanted him to stay then they should of actually backed him up with decent players. Also the whole "The Decision" was likely ESPN's idea and it was ESPN/ABC/Disney hyping the hell out of it because it was *their* exclusive.

I also don't get pissed off since the 49ers/Rams suck. Thankfully the 49ers have finally rebuilt into a good team with a now excellent coach. But I still like the Rams outside of my home 49er team and the Rams suck to high hell especially after that wasted the whole draft picking up nothing special at all. Maybe in a few years the Rams can get into the playoffs but not this year.

One day I'm gonna coach basketball and make my team play man-on defense, and when the slow lazy kid whines about wanting to play zone, I'm gonna show him a tape of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pldc View Post
    I heard through the rumour mill that one of his team mates tagged his mother and caused his exodus.

Just a rumour of course, but a funny one at that.
    That would be Delonte West, current mavericks player. I personally think he left Cleveland because he never had teammates that could help him for anything

I am over LeBron- Jimmy Donovan, the voice of the Browns put it best tonight on a local newscast- time to move on and get over it. Stop worrying about it and stop hating him. I also agree that the Cavaliers never had the right teammates because I think they decided to be cheap on it and not think that one player can't always carry the team. Jordan had his teammates, Bird had his teammates and LeBron had no teammates in Cleveland that could pick up the slack.

The only reason I griped about the Browns in my previous statement is cause they haven't been the same since they came back in 1999 and I miss the old team we had that was consistent and a winner- and yes- I am STILL loyal to them.

Life goes on. Unlike asshole Cleveland fans who burned their LeBron stuff, I kept mine. I kept my LeBron throwback jersey, LeBron shirt, Shaq and LeBron shirt as well as a fathead of LeBron. I would rather remember the good times and the team, as I said before- I lost a team once and it sucked. I don't wish to go through that again. I'd rather have the team than some superstar.

I know I may sound biased as a Cleveland fan who grew up on the team but what can you do? LOL. I still love my team! Now to see if LeBron and company can repeat as champions...

WildThing121675