Thread: Freaked me out!

Default Freaked me out!

So just a funny story. At work today I had finished with everything I had to do for the day, so I decided to see if there was anything going on at the Porsche forum I'm a member of. As the screen is loading the banner at the top is for goodnites bedmats. I saw it and freaked. I was like whoa, what! And closed the window quick. I thought for a min and had no idea how a targeted ad like that would show up. I decided to see if it would happen again. This time is was some Spanish ad, by P&G for some sporting event. I don't think a targeted ad actually follow me here but it freaked me out at the moment.

Yeah, I noticed that too. If you look at diaper related sites then you'll start getting diaper related ads.

It didn't bother me at first until they started popping on youtube, as I usually looked for fun things to watch with some of my college friends on there. I found that if I didn't acknowledge it, it didn't warrant any conversations.

6speedonline. I don't do anything like that at work, which is why it freaked me out.

I can kinda relate to that, but the best thing to do is act calm and if nothing had happened. If you react badly to a diaper ad someone might think that you are into that kind of stuff.

Whenever I see a diaper ad on facebook or on a website, i just ignore it because diaper ads are everywhere.

No kidding. I looked up some bottles and sippy cups on Amazon one night and now they send me an email every Sunday about baby item deals, based on my "common searches". Just a few searches and the internet quickly finds your interests /: it's a bummer

Yeah, I remember one time being on Serebii chatting on the forums about B2W2, the ad on the top was about Goodnites lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    Yeah, I remember one time being on Serebii chatting on the forums about B2W2, the ad on the top was about Goodnites lol.
    This has helped a lot. No more ads.

Do Not Track Plus

yeah! This happened to me too~
    it didn't really do anything but bother me, but it's cool to hear i'm not the only one.