Thread: Coming out

Default Coming out

Hey everyone, just to start of I want to say that this is in the mature section because I understand that some people may not be comfortable with the topic of homosexuality and that I respect your opinions. Likewise, I hope that if you are by chance against homosexuality, that you do not cause problems on this thread cheers everyone.

Alright! So I came out to some of my friends recently and they were completely fine with it, they were behind me 110% when it came to supporting me, they're all such good friends each and everyone of them and I respect em so much for understanding. My biggest of all concerns was that they'd be concerned that I would be attracted to some of them but the second I told them they understood completely and I even told em to ask anything they want so that they could get it off their chest right away.

Honestly, it just feels like a weight has been lifted off of me as cliche as that sounds. I can be myself a bit more now and talk a bit more about what I like in people and things like that XD although in the past two days, they have pulled a few jokes on me. Asking whether or not they look good enough to pick up girls and stuff but what are friends for eh?

I'm genuinely so proud of myself I'm just glad I can comfortably say I'm gay now with a group of my closest friends and I want people to know; if you ever get that sudden urge to just tell someone seize the moment, don't dwell on it. I did that for 2 years and hated myself for it. Now, I'm more confident and people respect me more because of it.

Thanks guys

TL;DR version: told friends I'm gay, they're cool with it.

Congrats!!! That's awesome that all of your friends have supported you. I came out to my parents six months ago and my brother last month, and they were all cool with it. A few of my friends know too and are supportive. However, there are a lot of people I haven't told because I don't feel they need to know. If they ask, I'll be honest but I'm not going out of my way for it.

Anyways, congrats! I know it feels awesome to finally accept yourself for who you are and to have others do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamSoftpaw View Post
    Hey everyone, just to start of I want to say that this is in the mature section because I understand that some people may not be comfortable with the topic of homosexuality and that I respect your opinions. Likewise, I hope that if you are by chance against homosexuality, that you do not cause problems on this thread cheers everyone.
    I'll cause a problem.... I'm quite good at it! So yeah...

However...

Congratulations I wish we all could have had such a painless result Do your parents know? Or is that the next challenge?

It really is amazing what a difference it makes, isn't it? When I came out, it was like seeing the world in color for the first time. It was amazing.

I'm glad it went well for you, and I hope that this is a big step forward on the road to happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post

Congratulations I wish we all could have had such a painless result Do your parents know? Or is that the next challenge?
    That's the next big step, I told my parents a couple of years ago and they just did the whole "it's a faze routine"

teddybear206

im bi and i told some pepole but it didnt work out, and it lead to me getting suspeneded for fighting lol, but congrats to you, it takes alot to come out in the first place .

Congrats on the coming out! I know when I came out I felt so much better because I was being true to myself and I didn't have to lie anymore. Of course some coing outs for me weren't expected and they changed a lot of things, but I overcame the challenges and I made it. It got better, and I'm sure things will get better for you.
    :-)

thats wicked ! i'm glad coming out was good for you ! hope it keeps going great ! hugs and good luck

Congrats! It's a huge and liberating step without question, albeit not generally without a couple snags along the way. It feels great to have people accept you for who you really are and allows you to in turn be a whole lot more real. I guess it's often a good idea to view "coming out" as a process rather than an event, as it is generally a step-by-step affair and you seem to be taking it in a gradual fashion. Personally, I started coming out a couple years ago and have crossed almost everyone off of my list of people to tell with a few exceptions (i.e., grandparents). Anyways, best of luck with the continuing process!