Thread: Mile-a-day vine.

Default Mile-a-day vine.

You know what I'm talking about. It's prime growing season and that stuff is just impossible to get rid of!

I hate kudzu. x_X

Yeah. More or less. Generally I have to clear it off our house once a week.

I had an ivy problem and I bought some Ivy Be Gone. I mixed it super strength in my sprayer and it killed most of the ivy. I will do it again this year. I'm not sure if Kudzu is tougher than English Ivy, but it's worth a try. I believe they also make Bush Be Gone, and that stuff is tough as well.

i would love to get some kudzu.

a friend owns a canyon out in the desert and has problems with trespassers that ride dirt bikes right around his gates.

You do NOT want this plant anywhere near you.

Also, this stuff is damn near impossible to get rid of for a reason. It grows along the ground and the roots sprout anywhere a node hits the ground. By the time it's noticable, it's already got at least 10 nodes for each square foot of vine. It literally grows 6 inches a day.

The only verifiable way of getting rid of the stuff? Digging up the soil and burning it.

Even then, the seeds might survive.

Kudzu is tough shit, that's for certain. We cleared a line of scrubby overgrowth along one of the streets adjacent to our back yard, and there was a lot of that stuff in there. The main base was about four inches in diameter, and after we cut it, liquid flowed out of it for two months. About a week ago (so about three months after cutting), we discovered there were little sprouts coming out of that stump because it's still alive! Of course, it not only grows like mad, but it kills everything else by wrapping itself around (trees, shrubs, whatever) and snuffing them out.

I think you're right, that nuking it from orbit is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I had an ivy problem and I bought some Ivy Be Gone. I mixed it super strength in my sprayer and it killed most of the ivy. I will do it again this year. I'm not sure if Kudzu is tougher than English Ivy, but it's worth a try. I believe they also make Bush Be Gone, and that stuff is tough as well.
    John Kerry never bought any huh?

Lucky for me I never seen anything like this in California. Asides for this....

Water hyacinth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia But this just stays n the waterways/delta so it's the boaters/governments concern. However the shit's very bad for boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    John Kerry never bought any huh?

Lucky for me I never seen anything like this in California. Asides for this....

Water hyacinth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia But this just stays n the waterways/delta so it's the boaters/governments concern. However the shit's very bad for boats.
    Haha...yeah, that would have made his life easier.