Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsofts New Toy

Default Microsofts New Toy

I think me holding off for a tablet has paid off now that microsoft is coming out with this new tablet.

from what the spec say it will be able to run just like a PC but have all the goodies of a Ipad.

What does everyone else think about it?

that is going to be the best i have windows 8 on my desktop and it rocks

Just wish it could be a windows 7 or 8 tablet/laptop with a dual core, 2GB of ram and maybe a 80-100GB in space.

I don't need/want a ultrabook just something to have fun with and to do basic work on.

Looks like a nice new introduction into serious portable computing. But I suppose we'll have to wait until the reviews come out.
    :-)

MarcSaintClair

Whoa, that looks... pretty fantastic. It actually looks like one of those concept things that everyone fawns over before the official one comes out and looks like everything else. I really hope that this thing looks like that and has decent specs on release. I love the keyboard/case/thingy! The red one looks nice :3

To be honest, I have a Samsung Slate that looks just like that and runs great. Runs full windows 7, quadcore i5's clocking at 1.6 gHz, +100 gigs of memory on the drive. I don't think that thing's a giant improvement.

johnpeter

do i need to remind you of the xbox 360 ring of death or windows me and windows vista. MS has a history of doing things half assed
    Last edited by johnpeter; 21-Jun-2012 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeter View Post
    do i need to remind you of the xbox 360 ring of death or windows me and windows vista. MS has a history of doing things half assed
    Red ring does not happen anymore with the newer models, Windows 7 has been a great OS and Windows 8 has so far been working really well. Sony PS3 (yellow light of death) and Apple stuff has not been the best as well just they don't get all the media outrage when their stuff messes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Red ring does not happen anymore with the newer models, Windows 7 has been a great OS and Windows 8 has so far been working really well. Sony PS3 (yellow light of death) and Apple stuff has not been the best as well just they don't get all the media outrage when their stuff messes up.
    Such as?

Good for Microsoft, they're only a couple years too late. The hardware looks promising and they keyboard is an interesting idea, but the key to gaining success in the tablet space is developers. Same reason why they are so behind in mobile devices is WinMo doesn't have the best ecosystem for developers. The simplicity and beauty of the iPad is the fact that it's instant on, easy to use and has the developers who've created a quarter million apps for the iPad alone.

The last thing I want is lugging around a mini PC that requires cabling and I/O to connect to my peripherals. I see this thing as a touch based ultrabook, nothing more, nothing less.

Good luck MSFT, you're gonna need it!