Thread: hotkey and such problem

Default hotkey and such problem

I have a problem. I just got back my computer from a repair shop, and all they could do was reload it back to factory settings. Anyway, now I have problems. First i used to have bars that pop up when I adjust the sound or brightness, and had a pop up saying whether CAPS is active or not. Now none of those happen. Also, my hotkey to disable my touchpad(which I need to do) won't work. Anyone know how to help? PS i have a dell inspiron.

You probably just need to install the right drivers. Check the support section of the Dell website and you should be able to locate the right ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddeath View Post
    I have a problem. I just got back my computer from a repair shop, and all they could do was reload it back to factory settings.
    Depending on what the issue was, I wouldn't use that shop again. Some issues can't be fixed without a complete OS reinstall which is why people should backup anything they want to keep no a regular basis that can be fully automated.

However reinstalling a OS/wiping the hard drive is supposed to be the very last option for anyone to do. Plus its something that's *very* easy to do yourself.