Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The death of Rodney King

Default The death of Rodney King

Just learned that the victim of the infamous police brutality incident in March 1991, Rodney King, has suddenly died today at the age of 47. Any thoughts about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/17/us/obi...ing/index.html
    Last edited by Trevor; 18-Jun-2012 at 05:27. Reason: fixing link.

I'm kinda shocked he died this young. But be became a "star" for some of the most messed up reasons ever. However I think I heard even after the incident he still had problems some of it very likely coming from the fame though some of his own doing as well.

Interesting interview with Jesse Jackson on the local Fox news this morning.

I don't have his words exactly, but I'm pretty close "Rodney was not a hero, he was a victim. The hero was the white photographer who brought this to light. Without the video, Rodney would never have been believed."

One of the very few times I've agreed with the alleged Reverend.

Maxx said:

One of the very few times I've agreed with the alleged Reverend.
    Objection!

"Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr. (born October 8, 1941) is an African-American civil rights activist and Baptist minister."
    "The Reverend is a style most often used as a prefix to the names of Christian clergy and ministers."
    There now it's confirmed :-)

Sources:
    Wikipedia.org (2012). Jesse Jackson. Retrieved 18 June 2012 from Wikipedia.org: Jesse Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia.org (2012). The Reverend. Retrieved 18 June 2012 from Wikipedia.org: The Reverend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by skunk053 View Post
    Maxx said:
    Objection!

"Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr. (born October 8, 1941) is an African-American civil rights activist and Baptist minister."
    "The Reverend is a style most often used as a prefix to the names of Christian clergy and ministers."
    There now it's confirmed :-)

Sources:
    Wikipedia.org (2012). Jesse Jackson. Retrieved 18 June 2012 from Wikipedia.org: Jesse Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia.org (2012). The Reverend. Retrieved 18 June 2012 from Wikipedia.org: The Reverend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I never got whats up with Pastors, minsters, revrends, preists, etc.

Can we please just have one freaking name with jr or sr, etc as a suffix?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I never got whats up with Pastors, minsters, revrends, preists, etc.

Can we please just have one freaking name with jr or sr, etc as a suffix?
    if you been around any of these good fellows for awhile, you find that it's their different education's and ordination's that i believe put the "etc" to their names...... i learned that hanging with Catholic Priest's; back when i was a good girl......boy/girl..... girl/boy...... well something like that.

Looks like he drowned in his pool. Odd way to go out. I guess its just another reminder that none of us are immortal (that and be safe around water guys - as an ex lifeguard I felt the need to bring that up).

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Looks like he drowned in his pool. Odd way to go out. I guess its just another reminder that none of us are immortal (that and be safe around water guys - as an ex lifeguard I felt the need to bring that up).
    personally I can't see how he just drowns in his own pool unless it's a heart attack or suicide and with suicide I assume that would be a hard thing to do in a pool. Not impossible but it's kinda painful/frighting to run out of breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    personally I can't see how he just drowns in his own pool unless it's a heart attack or suicide.
    Or a really bad swimmer. Or a swimmer under the influence of something. Or a really bad swimmer under the influence of something.

Its really hard to drown in a controlled setting (i.e. a monitored pool) but its not that hard in an unsupervised setting if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Or a really bad swimmer. Or a swimmer under the influence of something. Or a really bad swimmer under the influence of something.

Its really hard to drown in a controlled setting (i.e. a monitored pool) but its not that hard in an unsupervised setting if you don't know what you're doing.
    yeah I assume he might of been on something and I guess its more likely that then him wanting to die. It was hot here in at least northern California for the last few days. Still warm now and for the remaining week and very likely until October. <_>