Thread: nervous & scared

Default nervous & scared

Well on the 21st ill be having my second heart surgery for Wolff Parkinson white syndrome. Although I've had one before I feel as if its all overwhelming to me at this point in time. Were leaving tomorrow to Vegas for the week. I just would love to bring my plushie but can't because no one kows about my AB side. The cool thing is that ill be at the pidiatric hospital! (Little do they know I love that)

Back on track now (Dumb ADD) I just hate all this stuff. You get put under and wake up what seems like instantly. But you don't have any dreams or anything. Its just like your "no where" not on earth, in heaven, or anywhere else. For that split moment you are nothing. It just scares me to not be able to know what would happen if you were to die, or if something were to happen, what would happen? I've just been thinking a lot lately and thought I'd share my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

I had the procedure to take care of my WPW a few years ago but they didnt put me completely under. I was awake the whole time and they just burned off the accessory pathway. In retrospect it went off without a hitch some pain at times but not a huge deal. I wouldn't worry too much you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Littlejustin View Post
    Well on the 21st ill be having my second heart surgery for Wolff Parkinson white syndrome. Although I've had one before I feel as if its all overwhelming to me at this point in time. Were leaving tomorrow to Vegas for the week. I just would love to bring my plushie but can't because no one kows about my AB side. The cool thing is that ill be at the pidiatric hospital! (Little do they know I love that)

Back on track now (Dumb ADD) I just hate all this stuff. You get put under and wake up what seems like instantly. But you don't have any dreams or anything. Its just like your "no where" not on earth, in heaven, or anywhere else. For that split moment you are nothing. It just scares me to not be able to know what would happen if you were to die, or if something were to happen, what would happen? I've just been thinking a lot lately and thought I'd share my thoughts. Thanks for reading.
    LJ: I have always feared this aspect of surgery. The very notion that it is not the same as "sleeping". The odd reality that I can awake after being under anesthesia with no memory of where my mind was at for the duration is creepy. Even after napping or sleeping through the night we can recall some portions of our "dream" after waking and even be aware of the duration of time in wich we were resting. Aneshesia is a completely different sleep and realm. We aren't actually sleeping but tranquilized and rendered immobile. I have been fascinated with this subject for some time. Perhaps because I had a few operations and procedures done when I was run over by a car when I was 2 and have feared the hospital since. I completely understand your angst before surgery.

Please remember that you are living in a day-and-age where you are in very good, caring, and capable hands when it comes to surgeries and hospital stays.

I wish you an easy op and an oober quick recovery. Remember: You are Not Alone Take a breath from the clear blue sky and be strong!