Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Just A Question.

  1. #1

    Default Just A Question.

    So I was in the shower, and my mind started thinking about how many of the diapers used by AB/DL's are made for people incontinent. So now I pose a question for you guys.

    If no one with incontinent, would they still make adult diapers? Would they produce them just for us?

  2. #2

    Default

    There are a lot of sites that feature diapers made just for us. ABUniverse, Bambinos, not to mention the sites that offer clothing and other items for ABs. I think if there is a need or want, it will be met.

  3. #3

    Default

    Diaper production strikes me as quite a unique industrial process so I doubt the companies which make AB diapers only make AB diapers (they've gotta make money!). I'd suggest they probably also do normal adult diapers.

    If there was no genuine medical reason why they were needed, a lot of the producers would probably pack it in. It would really become a niche market - You could probably still get them, but expect to pay!

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't think the situation you suggest is feasible.

    There will invariably be people/patients who need some form of incontinence control and diapers offer a simple and effective waste control scheme. So long as the infrastructure existed to produce Adult diapers I expect that ABDL products could and would be produced on that same infrastructure.

    To directly answer your question. If the infrastructure didn't exist they wouldn't develop it for the ABDL community unless this community is a few orders of magnitude larger than we expect.

  5. #5

    Default

    DL isn't the only reason for diapers besides incontinence. Astronauts and deep sea divers wear them, it's not uncommon for patients to wear one for surgery, if you're hospitalized and unconscious they may pad you up. Some mentally retarded require diapers because they either can't be trained or simply refuse to be trained. There are other more abstract reasons like the occasional truck driver.

    It's not all about not having normal physical control. There will always be a need, even if it's a smaller need. However, the larger need we have currently due to IC makes the product produced on a larger scale and advances the tech faster, so companies like ABU and Bambino can afford to purchase or use diaper-making machines and have the raw materials available cheaper. So it's likely the DL diapers would not be as available or as cheap if there were no IC. Think of how uncommon and expensive the fabines are. If there were no IC, there would still be DL grade diapers in about the same availability and high cost, as well as and regular diapers.

  6. #6

    Default

    greetings & felicitations......

    there just so happens to be a certain member of this forum whose retired Spouse; a chemical engineer and former plant manager for extremity large international left-coast based wood products company ....... who has just informed me (while on Her way out to walk the dogs) that diaper-production is a fairly easy and inexpensive set-up should one want to start out small time in some no-name industrial park.......

    - - - Updated - - -

    an update;

    having returned from walking said dogs; Karen told me 3/4 mil, 20,000 sq. ft. and 20 head per shift (mostly female)..... and the quality of butt-huggers is dependent on the material used. not the cost of the basic line investment.
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 17-Jun-2012 at 22:23.

  7. #7
    ZethDL

    Default

    I think you would still be able to buy them, but they would all be online and a lot more expensive to get.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I don't think the situation you suggest is feasible.

    There will invariably be people/patients who need some form of incontinence control and diapers offer a simple and effective waste control scheme. So long as the infrastructure existed to produce Adult diapers I expect that ABDL products could and would be produced on that same infrastructure.
    Oh course I realize that this could never happen, unless some alien space bats (anyone catch my Stirling allusion? Love his work!) happened to come down and rain perfect bladders and bowels to the human race. It is merely a what-if question, just something that crossed my mind.



    Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    DL isn't the only reason for diapers besides incontinence. Astronauts and deep sea divers wear them, it's not uncommon for patients to wear one for surgery, if you're hospitalized and unconscious they may pad you up. Some mentally retarded require diapers because they either can't be trained or simply refuse to be trained. There are other more abstract reasons like the occasional truck driver.
    Good point, I forgot about them.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    greetings & felicitations......

    there just so happens to be a certain member of this forum whose retired Spouse; a chemical engineer and former plant manager for extremity large international left-coast based wood products company ....... who has just informed me (while on Her way out to walk the dogs) that diaper-production is a fairly easy and inexpensive set-up should one want to start out small time in some no-name industrial park.......

    - - - Updated - - -

    an update;

    having returned from walking said dogs; Karen told me 3/4 mil, 20,000 sq. ft. and 20 head per shift (mostly female)..... and the quality of butt-huggers is dependent on the material used. not the cost of the basic line investment.
    Thanks littlelodgewrecker - I'm pleased to have learned something from this thread

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Thanks littlelodgewrecker - I'm pleased to have learned something from this thread
    Same here, I just didn't see his post before XD, but it was very informative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.