Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else hate bedrooms?

Default Does anyone else hate bedrooms?

Curious as to whether i'm in the minority or if other people hate bedrooms as well compared to living rooms/lounges and studies? they just look so small, muddled and poorly put together compared to living areas and studies and always appear to lack any real purpose aside from being a place purely for sleeping.
    I always try to hide my bed as much as possible in favour of showing off my desks, couches and even the sewing machines and other work crap i tend to use, simply because i always find it a little soul crushing to see a bed just sitting there since its essentially an oversized couch but is too intimate to use as a normal piece of furniture anywhere around the house.

For me bedroom is one of nice place to be. Because in bedroom it's private place where i can do anything. And also i think bedroom is good place to search inspiration

you could always get one of those beds that converts to a couch when your not using it ( not the pullout beds). my room also doubles as my sewing/ project room so the bed is usually being used for something besides sleeping during the day unless i want to catch a quick nap.

Oddly, I spend a good part of my day in my bedroom...that's where my desk that's where I sit.

Of course, I do use the living room occasionally...especially if we have friends over...mostly just for chatting/watching movies tho'. Yeah, we have an XBox Kinect, but the only one who's used it for gaming since we hooked it up is my 6 year old granddaughter. We mostly use it to watch movies...easier to put them on a USB stick than to burn 'em to DVD, and if they're good I can always burn 'em to DVD later to watch again.

The kitchen is for cooking (and occasionally chatting) and the dining room is for eating (and chatting). We do a lot of chatting in this place it seems! LOL Heck, sometimes we're even in each other's room...chatting! *giggles*

But...yeah....I like my bedroom.

My whole apartment is probably the size of someone's living room <_<

Like Ayanna, my desk is in my bedroom. I also have my TV there. There's a bigger one in the living room, but I don't have to share mine, and I have it hooked up to my computer, so I can watch videos on the big(ish) screen pretty easily. So I spend a lot of my time in the house in my bedroom, unless I'm cooking or something. I wouldn't mind it being a little bigger, but all in all, I like it pretty well.

I love bedrooms, partly because there is a bed in there (and thus I can go to sleep whenever >.>). I usually have a TV in there, bed, maybe a desk, etc. *shrugs* The only other room I'd want is a kitchen, as I do like to cook sometimes, so kitchens are nice, possibly slightly nicer then bedrooms.

We have one bedroom that we actually use as a bedroom, and I rather like that room. It's a bit sparsely furnished, since it's a 12x22 master bedroom and we only have a small bed, our nightstands, and a couple dressers in it. However, I enjoy sleeping, and the bedroom is normally a serene, relaxing, enjoyable escape from the rest of the world, which might be just down the stairs.

You could go with a futon or a couch with a hide-a-bed, as you'd have a normal piece of sitting furniture during the day and a bedspace at night. Or, you could go with a traditional Japanese futon/shiki futon/kake futon and hide it away when it's not in use.

I just hate how much room a bed takes up in a small bed room

Quote Originally Posted by littleonejosue View Post
    I just hate how much room a bed takes up in a small bed room
    You could ditch the bed and go with a sleeping bag or a crap ton of blankets. If you want to go hardcore there's always the Murphy bed "fold into the wall bed".

I never got the stigma on why it's bad to sleep on the floor. I've slept on a plastic crate while working at a rave when I finally pretty much had to pass out from exhaustion. I'm pretty sure I could sleep while world war 3 is going on and nukes are hitting around my area. :P