Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wreck-It Ralph

Default Wreck-It Ralph

Is Disney finally trying to appeal to the audience that they once had?

I can leave this quite simply, it looks to me like Disney may be trying to draw a lot of us "80s and 90s kids" back into the loop of their movies with one of their upcoming releases.

Personally, I have watched this trailer a few times, and each time I'm getting more, and more excited for this movie. I really hope that they don't ruin it at all, because this movie can be really great, or they could destroy all of our childhood dreams in one run...

So, here is the trailer...

What do you think about it?

To further broaden the topic, have you found Disney's more recent films disappointing compared to before? Do you think they are trying to appeal to an older audience here?

Personally I think it looks amazing. Finally a movie that does video games right.

Disney I feel is trying to go back to their roots, what made their movies so great in the first place. The fact that their older movies appealed to both young and old. With this movie they can do both. Most of the recent movies that Disney has made have been toward a younger audience, Case in point Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

Though there have been a few exceptions, such as Nemo, Bolt and the upcoming film Brave. They all had one thing in common, a deeper message than just mindless dribble aimed at 6 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Though there have been a few exceptions, such as Nemo, Bolt and the upcoming film Brave. They all had one thing in common, a deeper message than just mindless dribble aimed at 6 year olds.
    Nemo and Brave are Pixar movies which is just a studio owned by Disney.

Bolt had a okay message but nothing as strong as toy story 3 up or even ratatouille. the last good disney movie was whinnie the pooh and it was frankly too short, but then again it's not aimed at adults as much as it was for kids. But they went back to the hand drawn animation and targeted adults with sentimentality driven ad's. Also there was no over arching message either.

Wreck it Ralph seems like it can be a good movie but it can't just be chock full of video game refrences and be a good movie just like that. Though a bad guy wanting to become a good guy seems like they can be heading in the right direction.

I've seen it, but I just can't get into it. Everyone around me seems really excited for it, but I can't really see the appeal. I love Disney movies, so I'll probably watch it, but I can't get into being excited for it.

i've been impressed with the Pirates of the Carribean series and feel it's a classic in the making.
    unfortunately, when you visit a Disney DVD stand, it's still chock-a-block with junk. and i'm still baffled as to why Disney doesn't release it's worldwide back catalogue.

Yeah- that's what bothers me about Disney; they don't release a lot of it's back catalouge. I am a fan of a lot older Disney movies from pre-1985. I am fond of the classic Disney movies from the 1970's and the 80's as that was my childhood.

There are a LOT of Disney movies from back in the day I'd love to see released on DVD and given new life to new audiences who probably haven't seen them in the past. I am partial to movies like the original Witch Mountain movies, The Barefoot Executive, Boatniks, the original Herbie movies and others I can mention from my childhood that I remember seeing on the old-school Disney Channel during previews and on VHS when my family got our first VCR in 1987.

I give Disney credit with some of it's recent releases, I liked Nemo, Ratatoutie and I have yet to see Toy Story 3 even though I am fond of the first two. This movie, eh- I think I'll pass on it for now. I prefer more old-school I guess or if for some reason the movie speaks to me.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Nemo and Brave are Pixar movies which is just a studio owned by Disney.

Bolt had a okay message but nothing as strong as toy story 3 up or even ratatouille. the last good disney movie was whinnie the pooh and it was frankly too short, but then again it's not aimed at adults as much as it was for kids. But they went back to the hand drawn animation and targeted adults with sentimentality driven ad's. Also there was no over arching message either.

Wreck it Ralph seems like it can be a good movie but it can't just be chock full of video game refrences and be a good movie just like that. Though a bad guy wanting to become a good guy seems like they can be heading in the right direction.
    When it comes to just Disney or Disney Pixar, I don't really see much of a difference. But your right I forgot about Up and Toy Story 3, Ratatouille (Spelled that right on my first try GO ME!) though a good movie it may be, did not strike me as having much of a message.

Also Ratatouille is a Pixar as is Toy Story, UP, WALLE. Bolt was the first Pure Disney movie in a long while that went back to their original style of hand drawnness, Where as Princess and the Frog was the next (I apologize grammar is bad as it is 1:12 in the morning)

I have to agree that more recently some of their films (as expressed by others) have been quite good. I'm quite glad that they are still able to make some really cute and adorable movies, even sometimes with amazing concepts (Like Wall-E).

Thanks for the link Rissy now I have a small game to waste my time on :P

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Also Ratatouille is a Pixar as is Toy Story, UP, WALLE.
    Never said they weren't pixar movies, it's common knowledge they are. Though I guess they are all techinally disney movies. But my point is none of the pixar movies are from disney animation. Also Bolt came out only a few years after Meet the Robinson so it wasn't the first Disney made children's film in a long time.

My thoughts on it is disney Antmation or whatever is kinda dead and Disney let Pixar take that over. Disney can now focus on ABC, ESPN's and the Disney channels. As well as poorly marketing films like John Carter and make it seem too much like Avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    Wreck-It Ralph | Official Movie Site | Disney

Who wants to play the arcade game??
    It would be like reversing Rampage. :P