Thread: AB Universe Cushies and Super Dry Kids

Default AB Universe Cushies and Super Dry Kids

Does anyone know what the difference is between Super Dry Kids and Cushies from AB Universe? The only thing that the descriptions say is that the SDK is like the 1990 Pampers. I'm thinking about trying one or the other, but really I don't see much difference between them.

Actually there are a couple differences between the Cushies and the Super Dry Kids. In terms of design, the Cushies has boats and hearts and stars and planes printed onto the front of the diaper while the Super Dry Kids diaper involves bears holding balloons printed onto it. Also, the Super Dry Kids diaper costs less than the Cushies. For example, a sample pack of SDK is one dollar less than a sample pack of Cushies which costs $5.95.

I guess I should have been more specific with my question. I'm interested in whether there is a fit and absorbency difference between the two. Does one fit better than the other, and does one absorb better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTDL View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific with my question. I'm interested in whether there is a fit and absorbency difference between the two. Does one fit better than the other, and does one absorb better than the other.
    Looking at the description of the Cushies with the cloth-like cover at ABU, it does say this: "Lots of fiber fluff and Super Absorbent Polymer for an excellent absorbency rating (same thickness and absorbency as our regular Cushies and Super Dry Kids diapers)". To be honest, I have never tested this stuff, but for some time I've been wanting to buy SDKs because they are cheaper than the Cushies.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTDL View Post
    I've tried the cloth-backed Chushies and the absorbency was a bit higher than good quality diapers like Tranquility, but less than Abena. As for fit, well, the one tab give you a lot less control, but the way I had one on seemed secure enough. However, I have the benefit of another person helping with that. I haven't tried the SDKs, but they're cheaper, so either there was a sacrifice in quality or the look of the SDKs, which is just that design on the landing zone I believe, is cheaper to produce.

CrinklySiren

The plastic backed cushies and the SDKs are both the same diaper with a different design on the outside, same absorbency, thickness, crinkle, etc. Ive been wearing them both back to back for years now, BUT the cloth cushies are slightly thicker than the plastic backed cushies, however I wouldnt go so far as to say they are more absorbant, just a bit thicker. Other than that all 3 are practically identical.

Thanks, everyone. I think that answers my question. I'll probably order some SDKs this weekend.