Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: That's what pedophiles say

Default That's what pedophiles say

The other day I saw this as a top-rated comment on youtube. The video I happened to be watching, was been furry-related, I think, but I can't quite remember.

Anyway, that's not the point.

The point is, the message in question was in response to something like:

"I don't think it's wrong for people to be into this kind of thing, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I think it's fine"

At which point the, well, let's just call him doucheasaurs rex?

And the thing is... I illegitimately can not think of a reasonable response to this. I mean, sure, I could easily say: "well pedophile's actually hurt people, as opposed to me just wearing a diaper" to which our friendly neighborhood doucheasaur could easily just say, "the only reason you say that is so you can indulge your sick fantasy, completely synonymous with a pedophile."

How can we defend ourselves against this caliber of ignorance? I know there's a difference, or at least, I would certainly hope no one on here would defend raping children.

Where this really bothers me is: I would obviously think that infantilisum is ok, but, If someone outside my thought-process has a problem with it, that I can't respond to, there must be something wrong.

Well, I hope this isn't all over the place, I could really use some help with this.

The best thing I learned to do is ignore it. People on the internet can and will be stupid. I have a good quote about it. "All trolls are stupid, but not all stupid people are trolls." The guy was trolling and just likes to get responses out of people.

I see it all over the place. Don't let it get to you, if you find yourself in that type of situation, the best result is to walk away.

You really answered your own question. A pedophile who molests children harms people to fulfill the urge. We're using a diaper or other paraphernalia. No one is harmed. To someone who isn't involved, it may seem strange or disgusting but they're not equivalent. If you're dealing with someone who can't understand that distinction, then I guess you probably won't have a very nice chat. They've got a very poor argument, though.

I tend to have fun reading about the people who say that diaper lovers ect. are pedophiles because of just how little thought they have on the subject...I read and laugh at them...Just a bunch of people that have poor taste in life...

I just walk away from those kind of people,no knowledge equals no talk from me as I say...

Well, walking away is all well and good, but what about when push actually comes to shove? If some one illegitimately accused you of pedophilia, and when you explained the truth to them, they simply went with "that's what pedophiles say."

I understand the trolling thing, and yea, chances are it was just some stupid kid, or jackass with a keyboard. I wasn't even involved in this debate, I just saw it, but couldn't think of an actual thing that refutes it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleDinosaur View Post
    Well, walking away is all well and good, but what about when push actually comes to shove? If some one illegitimately accused you of pedophilia, and when you explained the truth to them, they simply went with "that's what pedophiles say."
    They are right. If a pedophile isn't hurting children and never does then there shouldn't be any problem. It's a terrible infliction (some people would say that about being a *B/DL) and I can't imagine how it must be for them around children. But, as long as nobody is affected, why is it a bad thing for anyone else?

I understand the trolling thing, and yea, chances are it was just some stupid kid, or jackass with a keyboard. I wasn't even involved in this debate, I just saw it, but couldn't think of an actual thing that refutes it.
    You're just thinking about it the wrong way. Pedophiles do say it, but they don't use it to try to justify hurting little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    They are right. If a pedophile isn't hurting children and never does then there shouldn't be any problem. It's a terrible infliction (some people would say that about being a *B/DL) and I can't imagine how it must be for them around children. But, as long as nobody is affected, why is it a bad thing for anyone else?

You're just thinking about it the wrong way. Pedophiles do say it, but they don't use it to try to justify hurting little kids.
    Woah, woah, woah, I'm not trying to say this guy is right. Maybe I did overact a little, I'm just worried that I only think he's wrong because i don't want to hear that. That I'm biased towards myself because obviously I don't want to be thought of as a child-raping monster

I think since it's no longer socially accepted to call someone you don't like, "gay", there had to be a substitute word. Perhaps "pedophile" is that new word. I can only groan!

It might be worth knowing that in last month's Readers Digest, they listed from a recent pole, 20% of Americans think the sun circles the earth, and 40% or maybe it was 50, think that man lived at the same time the dinosaurs lived. My point is that most people are stupid. No one should take them serious when they make their stupid statements, especially using the word pedophile to express their anger and ignorance at someone else, or something different from their limited personal experiences.

The amount of idiots on YouTube is mind-boggling, and most of the idiots on there are professional grade idiots too. They're stupid enough that they don't believe you when you tell them point blank that they're stupid, so there's not much you can do but ignore them.

Thanks for adding "friendly neighborhood doucheasaur" to my lexicon.

As Brickhoues says above, YouTube comments are proof of the lowest form of humanity possible. Don't take anything on there as a legitimate argument, as 95% of the commenters would never say what they say to someone's face. We're all guilty of that to some extent.

To the general public, it is difficulty for people to separate infantalism from "he wants to fuck babies". Sure we can label it as ignorance, but I don't think we can criticize people for that; I don't expect people to have read up on every single fetish or kink in existence. The best we could do is to correct those who are wrong, and take it from there.