Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pampers 7 vs Drynites/Goodnites

cal1608h

Default Pampers 7 vs Drynites/Goodnites

Hi one and all,

Apologies if this has been done before (I suspect it has), but I couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know relative size of Pampers Cruisers 7 vs Drynites 8-15?

I can fit into the 8-15 Drynites pretty comfortably but would like to try the Cruisers 7 as I never have done before. Huggies size 6 are long enough to fit me too, but I don't know the length of the Pampers 7 in comparison, if someone knows that too it would be most helpful

I've tried adult diapers and I have to say I'm not keen on them at all, can't really explain why but I just don't like them that much.

However, as I'm in the UK does anyone know anywhere that'd ship them from the US/Europe with reasonable P & P costs? I have tried the place that sell Fabines but the shipping is extortionate.

Oh, and don't take this the wrong way, but please don't ask why I don't like the adult diapers or say anything along the lines of they won't fit properly etc. I'd rather buy the 7's and modify them slightly.

Cheers in advance everyone

7's are a hair longer, not by much. they stretch alot more than the huggies too. go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    7's are a hair longer, not by much. they stretch alot more than the huggies too. go for it.
    They're shorter by a few inches, actually. GoodNites are much bigger. Where they fail is in the width of the crotch, which like most non-adult pull-ups, is very narrow when compared to a baby diaper. Because of this, I'd say that, at least on males, GoodNites are more likely to leak due to improper fit, whereas Pampers are more likely to leak due to insufficient absorbency. Pick your poison.

I love that gif. Great idea, and lots of good information!

Default love that gif too!

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    I love that gif. Great idea, and lots of good information!
    Me too! How'd you get the diapers so neat and straight Cottontail??

Ha-haa! It was a royal PITA! I used clear packing tape to hold them down on a black tabletop. I then did minor rotations in Photoshop to get things straight.

cal1608h

Cheers for the info guys That image was most useful

However, noticed the Active Fit 5+ seems to be for a heavier weight that the Cruisers size 7. Seems odd, no?

Does anybody know whether the 5+ stretches as much as the 7 and how long they are? As I say, the length is not as important as the width as I can fit into Huggies Super dry size 6 length-wise. It is how far the tabs stretch that will be most important, ideally I want to put them on without any modifications.

Cheers again.

Quote Originally Posted by cal1608h View Post
    However, noticed the Active Fit 5+ seems to be for a heavier weight that the Cruisers size 7. Seems odd, no?

Does anybody know whether the 5+ stretches as much as the 7 and how long they are?
    I noticed this also and asked the same question a couple of weeks back. I was told that the UK 5+ was smaller than the US 7, but as no actual measurements were provided I consider the matter unresolved. Anybody?

As far as the tabs on Pampers go: With care, I regularly stretch them out to a full meter (39") tab-to-tab, and that's obviously not including the width of the landing zone on the front of the diaper. Takes a little practice, but if the low rise and tightness don't bother you, then you'll be fine. There's an image in one of my albums that shows a fully-stretched Cruisers 7 diaper. I'd link it if I weren't on my phone and feeling lazy.

cal1608h

Ok thanks, it does seem odd that a UK 5+ would be bigger than a US 7, I'll wait until someone can confirm this

Also, wow, didn't realise the tabs could stretch that far! That's the problem I had with the Huggies 6; the length was ok, but the wings hardly stretched at all.

The tightness doesn't bother too much, as long as it isn't so tight that it is uncomfortable. I'll take a look at that image some time. I don't mind having to stretch them out if it means they will fit ok, I know they won't fit *properly*, but that doesn't really bother me too much at this stage.

Thanks once again for the useful info

cal1608h

I've decided to do a bit more research and am either going to buy the Pampers 7 or the Libero 7, the Libero looks (and apparently is) bigger but I may just purchase some of each as a sample and if either fits me without modifications (please let it happen!) then I will go with those in the future, I'll let you know how it works out.

Here's hoping they fit without mods!