Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female DL's why do they not use cloth nappies / diapers ?

Default Female DL's why do they not use cloth nappies / diapers ?

I might be wrong, but genuine female DL's (who have been into diapers/nappies themselves since childhood, not just started joining in because their partner does; seem to only do disposables rather than terries (cloth nappies).
    Or to put it the other way round: cloth nappy/diaper users - why are there no females apart from ones attached to men who do it?

Just a thought anyway!

I'm not really well informed in this area but do females ever use something like a cloth pad for bleeding? I feel like if they were already used to using disposable absorbent products then a transition to disposable diapers would probably be more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticTaco View Post
    Whatever gave you that assumption?
    just my impression from reading posts and profiles from various *B/DL sites.

My fiance has no idea about my DL side and I only use disposables. I just have never had access to cloth.

They may not want to have to clean up a cloth, disposables are so much easier to clean up. Plus they beat cloth hands down

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    I might be wrong, but genuine female DL's (who have been into diapers/nappies themselves since childhood, not just started joining in because their partner does; seem to only do disposables rather than terries (cloth nappies).
    Or to put it the other way round: cloth nappy/diaper users - why are there no females apart from ones attached to men who do it?

Just a thought anyway!
    I suspect your "data" come from viewing AB/DL sites. Picture sites. These sites use disposables (not always) because of the familiarity with disposables that their male clients will have.

In the real world, there are plenty of women who use cloth over or in conjunction with disposables. One consideration, however, is that a woman will not be able to sit in a wet diaper for as long as a man, as the risk of a UTI from this kind of diaper-on-skin contact is greater to women.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I'm not really well informed in this area but do females ever use something like a cloth pad for bleeding? I feel like if they were already used to using disposable absorbent products then a transition to disposable diapers would probably be more natural.
    That's where the phrase, "being on the rag" came from. Before Kotex* women used rags to staunch their blood flow.

*There is an interesting history on Kotex and maxi-pads/tampons. The short version is that they started as stand-ins for cotton and medical gauze in WWI. Tampax came along later, but they have an interesting write-up on their site.

I've honestly never heard that term before but I'm inclined to believe that most girls use disposable products now.

Definitely some interesting history there.

Is "being on the rag" that dated now? God, I am getting old. It was the expression we all used when I was in high school, but that of course was us guys. If a girl was in a bad mood, we would say she was on the rag. Of course we also said, "lug that stone", meaning, take your homework home to work on, because we wrote on stone tablets, paper not having been invented. Even our diapers were made from stone. Then came cloth with the invention of the loom, and then plastic, with the invention of the dead dinosaur.

There are fewer females on ADISC than there are males. There are fewer cloth-wearers on ADISC than there are disposable-wearers. What's the intersection of fewer and fewer? Well... far fewer, of course!

It should be pretty obvious whey there aren't many females in cloth diapers around.

I'm aware of about half a dozen.

However I'm pretty sure there aren't any professional Elvis impersonators on ADISC who wear cloth diapers.