Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link Between *B/DLs and Homosexuality?

Default Link Between *B/DLs and Homosexuality?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't seen anything on it. Has anyone noticed a link between homosexuality and *B/DLs? It seems like a lot of *B/DLs are homosexual. I was wondering if anyone thought it was just a coincidence or if there is actually something to it.

It had been talked about. I personally think that there are a lot of straight guys that have these desires that just don't know about these communities while homosexual people (I think, not certain) tend to be more in touch with a softer side, or more sexually kinky side. Basically, I tend to think homosexuals are more likely to accept this type of thing for a variety of reasons.

In a setting where people discuss fetishes, people are more likely to be open about talking about their sexual orientation than in other settings. Regardless of whether or not there actually are more *B/DLs interested in the same sex, there will appear to be more.

The vast majority of ABDLs are straight, like at least 85%. There may (or may not) be a higher percentage of homosexuals in the ABDL community than the general population.

I'm not aware of any specific research regarding AB/DL and sexual orientation correlations, but I would hypothesize that the crowd is much more open with each other about normally taboo subjects of this nature. Since *B/DLs are already harshly judged for a taboo and odd preference, they're not in a position to judge and so (especially behind a slight veil of anonymity over the internet) are open and non-judgmental. This leads to a lot more expression of atypical sexual identity, in contrast with society at large where homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, and fetishists generally keep their preferences in the closet. The increased expression and openness can easily lead one to the false impression that a significant correlation between sexuality and ageplay/diapers. This might even skew some studies with a sampling bias (e.g. homosexuals are more likely to come online) that would bump the statistics above the ratio for the population at large.

Like I said, however, I'm not aware of any empirical research on the topic, and it's quite possible that the 2 are related in some fashion. This in no way eliminates or refutes the possibility that a connection exists.

There have been polls on gender and sexuality in the past on sites like Diaperedanime... It actually showed that homosexuals were a much more vocal minority whereas straight males actually made the majority, but didn't post as often.

I was surprised actually, I though that I would be minority with all of the people saying they were gay.

[Removed]
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 11-Jun-2012 at 04:21. Reason: removed 18+ links

PullupKid

Quote Originally Posted by thingywhat View Post
    There have been polls on gender and sexuality in the past on sites like Diaperedanime... It actually showed that homosexuals were a much more vocal minority whereas straight males actually made the majority, but didn't post as often.

I was surprised actually, I though that I would be minority with all of the people saying they were gay.

[Removed]
    Here's the thing about polls. With a title like "Are you gay?", mostly gay people will answer. It is a psychological phenomenon that when there is an "Are you gay?" poll, more gay people will answer because straight people see it as "No thanks, I'll stay out, since I'm not gay."

I also frequent guitar forums. One of the polls was "Are you left handed?". The graph said 75% of people were left handed, which isn't correct, because there are more right handed people in the world, and even more that play guitar as opposed to left handed people. With the poll title though, right handers felt they didn't belong in that thread, so they stayed out, skewing the results. Same phenomenon. In this way, unless people are picked randomly instead of voluntarily, such as off the street as opposed to an online poll, the results will be skewed.

i have run into many gays at the nude hot spring and beaches i go to and they are more open to trying new fetishes and more respectful to others that have there own fetishes or kinks

Cushiebabe

I definitely think that the *GLBT community would be more accepting of AB/DL lifestyle..they may even have sympathy for the people who identify as AB/DL since *GLBTs are so oppressed..thankfully gay marriage (though under attack by the political right wing) is becoming legal at a quick rate of speed...

*GLBT=Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual Transgender