Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: she almost done!!!!

Default she almost done!!!!

our 1958 chevy impala is almost done 10 years later. fired her up for first time today and she's LOUD

heres some pics

If that pipe I see in the last pic behind the front wheel is the end of the the exhaust manifold, I'm not surprised an engine like that sounds loud with no exhaust system!

Awesome restoration btw, is this her original colour?

yo, Wolf Pack.....

your not running moon-shine in the trunk are you..... or am i a couple decades too late on that question (loved Robert Mitchum in thunder road). just out of interest though; did chevy build better stuff in 58 then they did in 98..... or is it the style of the beast that make a person fall in love with their car/truck....?
    i love car's when they are all one color and it's a bright color and the engine is the same too...... (thoughts from a bow-tie girl....)

- - - Updated - - -

PS. i think you missed the roof when you were painting....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    yo, Wolf Pack.....

your not running moon-shine in the trunk are you..... or am i a couple decades too late on that question (loved Robert Mitchum in thunder road). just out of interest though; did chevy build better stuff in 58 then they did in 98..... or is it the style of the beast that make a person fall in love with their car/truck....?
    i love car's when they are all one color and it's a bright color and the engine is the same too...... (thoughts from a bow-tie girl....)

- - - Updated - - -

PS. i think you missed the roof when you were painting....
    Top is supposed to be white that's how they all rolled off the factory floor and for the yellow it's Chevys 2010 camaro yellow
    1958 was the first year for the impala and also the last year for that body style which means that is a one year only car

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    If that pipe I see in the last pic behind the front wheel is the end of the the exhaust manifold, I'm not surprised an engine like that sounds loud with no exhaust system!

Awesome restoration btw, is this her original colour?

When it's all said and done the exaust will run all the way back but will not have a muffler so it will retain its loudness. Sadly the original color was dog ugly on that car so my stepdad chose 2010 camaro yellow as a replacement. Besides it is far from stock anyway. Engine and tranny ensure that

can i have my engine crane back, now?
    nice car, but i'm most impressed by the size of the garage. you could probably get our whole village in there.
    anyway, total cost so far, or have you not bothered keeping track? (don't worry, i sorta know it's like: when i did my running restoration on my last car, i stopped counting somewhere around the five grand mark)

Gorgeous! What engine/tranny are you running? Don't see too many people running 3x2s anymore.

I'm not one for being a car enthusiast but that thing looks pretty awesome!

The beauty… It just burrows into your very soul. I’ve seen some good classics in my day but the 50s are always the most beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    can i have my engine crane back, now?
    nice car, but i'm most impressed by the size of the garage. you could probably get our whole village in there.
    anyway, total cost so far, or have you not bothered keeping track? (don't worry, i sorta know it's like: when i did my running restoration on my last car, i stopped counting somewhere around the five grand mark)
    in the last 6 months alone between 4 peoples paychecks the total is close to $20000 thats paint, engine parts, interior, re-chromeing moldings, lights, the most expensive Single parts were the curved windsheild and curved back glass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    Gorgeous! What engine/tranny are you running? Don't see too many people running 3x2s anymore.
    hot rodded 348 tri-power V8 and instead of the factory two speed auto its got a 4-speed manual with hurst shifter

that, is a beautiful beautiful car!!!! the camaro yellow looks gorgeous on it (did transformers have anything to do with picking that particular shade :p) and it's just a freaking gorgeous car overall (that engine looks like it would just roar) and you're lucky to have that year, old chevy's have some of the most glorious curves!