Thread: Sister's in the Life.....

Default Sister's in the Life.....

i did something last night (Friday night) that i haven't done i years......

Karen and i were coming back from Ocean Shores, and decided to stop by Tacoma on our way home and see if there was a tranny/gender meeting going on at the "gass center" (gender alliance of the south sound).... there was, and though W/we sort-of walked in on it after it had already began. She and i found seats and joined in.

i don't know how, but one of the Mods remembered Karen and i and called on us by name for check-in. i had gotten stuck with a folding metal char and had moved to lying on the floor at Karen's feet. so after She up-dated everyone on the last 6 or so years (divorce and all), tag, it was my turn. being that Karen and i come as a "pair", i just gave my name and everyone seemed to like pro-nouns.... i just said bunny-rabbit and smiled..... i don't think the Mods liked furries. there's not many young transgender at some of these things, or maybe i am just getting older. but i was among friends; people of my own kind. and it had been such a very long time indeed. i had all but forgotten what the feeling was like. just being completely comfortable and the like. kind of like being a nudest at a nudest camp (if you have ever done that.... grin)

i just lay there on the floor sipping my Tully's coffee and listening to everyone bring up their problems, their success, the events in their day-today lives that are so very common to every tranny.... but only to trannies. stuff that no one else in the world would ever have to deal with.

the whole thing was a grounding event. and it doesn't mater how far one goes in life, one must remember one roots and stay grounded.......

i didn't know most of them last night, but they were all my Sisters, every last one of Them.....

5er.....
    (lodge wrecker)
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 11-Jun-2012 at 05:52.

It sounds like a very nice place and a good time. It had to be truly nice

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    i did something last night (Friday night) that i haven't done i years......

Karen and i were coming back from Ocean Shores, and decided to stop by Tacoma on our way home and see if there was a tranny/gender meeting going on at the "gass center" (gender alliance of the south sound).... there was, and though W/we sort-of walked in on it after it had already began. She and i found seats and joined in.

i don't know how, but one of the Mods remembered Karen and i and called on us by name for check-in. i had gotten stuck with a folding metal char and had moved to lying on the floor at Karen's feet. so after She up-dated everyone on the last 6 or so years (divorce and all), tag, it was my turn. being that Karen and i come as a "par", i just gave my name and everyone seemed to like pro-nouns.... i just said bunny-rabbit and smiled..... i don't think the Mods liked furries. there's not many young transgender at some of these things, or maybe i am just getting older. but i was among friends; people of my own kind. and it had been such a very long time indeed. i had all but forgotten what the feeling was like. just being completely comfortable and the like. kind of like being a nudest at a nudest camp (if you have ever done that.... grin)

i just lay there on the floor sipping my Tully's coffee and listening to everyone bring up their problems, their success, the events in their day-today lives that are so very common to every tranny.... but only to trannies. stuff that no one else in the world would ever have to deal with.

the whole thing was a grounding event. and it doesn't mater how far one goes in life, one must remember one roots and stay grounded.......

i didn't know most of them last night, but they were all my Sisters, every last one of Them.....

5er.....
    (lodge wrecker)
    So ... is your sister involved in diapers, or not involved in diapers? Your title is exceedingly confusing, and the following prose is muddled enough to be murky at best.

Oh! You meant to use the plural rather than possessive. You were talking about Sisters (proper noun? Really?) in your lifestyle ("tranny"). I didn't know that "trannies" were automatically "sissies;" in fact, I'd not have been inclined to think this at all.

It must be very difficult being you. From your other posts, you would agree that you cannot know or talk about "cisgender" issues or the world they inhabit. This must remove you from a good portion of the world, working, or even being able to superficially pretend that you can function. It's good that you got to be with people you consider "your own kind," though I am sad that this takes up such a large region of your thinking. Hopefully it's not pushing our more reasonable and enjoyable thinking or experiences that could be there.

Its amazing when you can be validated so handidly. I love the idea of talking with others in that "I was there, so im not the only one who did things like that" and "Wow, she has done that before, It must be ok, and im not the only one who thought that way" way of exchanging validation and camaraderie.

That's great I am glad you had a positive experience, you have me thinking now.

Thinking about exploring my university's LGBT center now, as we have a rather big one(2200 dedicated sqft) and their seems to be a big push by the administration and the students towards acceptance of all lifestyles, such that school regular takes anonymous polls to try and insure that no one is being bullied for their choices. I guess my alma mater UNF/UF network is bit more progressive than most schools as we have at least 2 LGBT pride days a semester, and the center is always staffed, as well consolours have been well trained to help people accept themselves. I guess I should not surprized though as nearly 15% of student body reports at least having a positive bi-experience, and willing to explore, and about 8% are open about their sexuality from 15000 students on average this is not a small number.

If you are in the area you might even want to drop in sometime to the center, on campus.

boys have places to be boys and let down their hair with out being bothered by the ladies....
    and girls have places to do the same such that the men would be caught dead in.....

in this gender-binary society (united states) where even our codes m2f or f2m are representative of ridged binary thinking. i have always found the need for a "third-space" that we all can come back to and meet, talk, ground our selves, be neutral and with out pretense. no one to judge, and for a while you stop judging your self and just be with friends.........
    friends like little-Rob, my special-pet (emo) and Adella

boys have places to be boys and let down their hair with out being bothered by the ladies....
    and girls have places to do the same such that the men would be caught dead in.....

in this gender-binary society (united states) where even our codes m2f or f2m are representative of ridged binary thinking. i have always found the need for a "third-space" that we all can come back to and meet, talk, ground our selves, be neutral and with out pretense. no one to judge, and for a while you stop judging your self and just be with friends.........

Gender neutral/gender positive spaces are lovely....where upon meeting you it's what's your name and what's your pronoun and they just roll with whatever you tell them I really don't care for the binary thinking and it's especially harmful for people like me who fall outside of even the fringe binary (male, female and m2f, f2m) and people just can't understand or accept your identity.

Anyways, I'm glad you had a positive experience like that are were able to re-connect to your roots in such a positive manner

What you describe is a kind of online salon.

However, you describe something largely unattainable.

In countries that have and acknowledge the "third-sex," they tend to be looked at with suspicion, mysticism, fear, or all three (e.g. India's hijra population).

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    What you describe is a kind of online salon.

However, you describe something largely unattainable.

In countries that have and acknowledge the "third-sex," they tend to be looked at with suspicion, mysticism, fear, or all three (e.g. India's hijra population).
    yeah, unfortunately uneducated and/or close-minded people are always going to dislike what is outside their perfect little construct of the world, and people identifying outside/physically being outside of male-bodied people are men and female-bodied people are women is gonna break their little sheltered world open like an egg. People like black and white things and dislike accepting the fact that the world isn't black and white. :/

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    yeah, unfortunately uneducated and/or close-minded people are always going to dislike what is outside their perfect little construct of the world, and people identifying outside/physically being outside of male-bodied people are men and female-bodied people are women is gonna break their little sheltered world open like an egg. People like black and white things and dislike accepting the fact that the world isn't black and white. :/
    Part, but not all, of this is due to education.

For example, genotype-based "sex" in humans gets complex when you actually look at it past what we were told in our formative years: that there are two, only two, and always two, sexes in humans. Layer gender/role election atop this, and things get confusing. Then layer popular [mis]conception atop this, and things become impenetrably stupid.

The other part is that this construction may not match a cognitive schema through which we have been given to view the world. People don't like to be confused; people like to feel informed and like things are static. If all you know is binary, and someone throws a "2" into the mix, things are likely going to get strange.