Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-ray on a airport

Default X-ray on a airport

If you have a plushy and a diaper in a backpack and that goes through a X-ray machine in a airport. Can the staff se what i have in the backpack?

Sorry if it is some misspelling hope you understand my question.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I went through security airport (french airport and TSA) lately and they didn't make any remarks. But, I think it definitely shows on the screen (at least, you see the outline of the objects) as I was able to see pretty much everything that was in my bag (including a diaper).

And even if they can see it, I can tell you that they don't care at all.

yes they can see what you have inside your bag, that's the whole point of the x-ray scanners. Will they care if you have a diaper and paci and plushy? not at all. Just be careful of how things are layered; for example you don't wanna put your headphones on top of your diapers because that has the potentiality to look like a bomb. (better yet just put all wire-type things into a ziplock bag and take that out of your backpack when you're sending things through the scanner)

Airport security is kinda like the cashiers at the store. They have to look to see what you're getting/bringing with you but unless you trip off sensors they see way too many bags go through their station every day to care or remember any individual person And if you're careful about your electronics and liquids your bag will just pass right on through with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    yes they can see what you have inside your bag, that's the whole point of the x-ray scanners. Will they care if you have a diaper and paci and plushy? not at all. Just be careful of how things are layered; for example you don't wanna put your headphones on top of your diapers because that has the potentiality to look like a bomb. (better yet just put all wire-type things into a ziplock bag and take that out of your backpack when you're sending things through the scanner)

Airport security is kinda like the cashiers at the store. They have to look to see what you're getting/bringing with you but unless you trip off sensors they see way too many bags go through their station every day to care or remember any individual person And if you're careful about your electronics and liquids your bag will just pass right on through with ease.
    Yes you have a good point. I have always think about this when i pas the x-ray check on a airport. I am always afraid that the wont to check out the plushy and maybe open it in tough that i have hid drugs or something inside it.

Unless you actually do have drugs inside it it won't look like you do :p stuffed animals look kinda see-through when going through the scanners. So theyll only look if he looks weird and even then theyd squeeze him to feel of he has anything besides stuffing in him. So your plushie is safe I've gone through security many many times and evey single time I've had a plushie with me and never once has my bag been searched Becuase of it

i once took a package of candy in one of my bags through the x-ray machine. the tsa agent could read the brand of candy even with the x-ray (he asked me to take it out and dispose of it... so i ate it, which was really cool of him to let me do), so yes they can see what's inside it. unless it's possibly dangerous, it's somewhat inconsequential to them what's inside your bag, i'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    Unless you actually do have drugs inside it it won't look like you do :p stuffed animals look kinda see-through when going through the scanners. So theyll only look if he looks weird and even then theyd squeeze him to feel of he has anything besides stuffing in him. So your plushie is safe I've gone through security many many times and evey single time I've had a plushie with me and never once has my bag been searched Becuase of it
    No but that cross my mind when i get to that point. Yes i have bean trow that some time. So i know the newer ask about it. But maybe some time the ask me about it.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

Yeah they will see it. They won't pull you over unless it looks suspicious. Maybe keep them in a bag with no wires or any other metal objects? My uncle gave us some biscuits, dad had some headphones or something in the bag with them. On the screen it looked like a tube of C4 with a detonator running through it (the guy thought we were inspecting security and got all formal ). Thank god it was Britain not America.

They will see, and unless if they have a reason, won't care.

i have had diapers in my luggage before the people at the x-ray were jerks and i know they were laughing because of my diapers but my dad thought it was because of all the pills in his bag not noticing his bag was already out of the x-ray.