Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 (football/soccer)

Default Euro 2012 (football/soccer)

Anyone watching? Poland v Greece wasn't the most enticing of opening games on paper but proved an entertaining occasion, two red cards, a missed penalty and some comedy goalkeeping!

Spain, Germany and Holland are the favourites but this tournament often throws up a surprise. English expectations are lower than normal so let's see how we get on!

Yes! I watched both matches.Too bad both of my teams are in the same group haha (Italy, Croatia) Cant wait to see how the tournament turns out.

Haven't managed to catch a match yet but I'll be watching Germany v Portugal later tonight.

My tip for the winner is France, but I do think Spain, Holland and Germany will be right up there with a good chance. I'm fully expecting England to finish bottom of their group.

I watched bits of most of the games so far. Germany v Portugal should be a good game though. I doubt England will come last, but I have a fair few friends who reckon we won't win a game.

Well Netherlands is out now Guess I'm fully behind Germany now.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRonaldo View Post
    Well Netherlands is out now Guess I'm fully behind Germany now.
    You're probably the only Dutch person who is.

I'm not even Dutch XD I'm from the U.S, but I've always been behind the Netherlands!

I'm not even Dutch XD I'm from the U.S, but I've always been behind the Netherlands!
    Well it may interest you to know that the Dutch/German rivalry is one of the biggest in football, they hate each other with a passion, like the English and the Scottish or the English and the Argentinians or the English and the French (I could go on about who we hate and why but you get the idea).

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Well it may interest you to know that the Dutch/German rivalry is one of the biggest in football, they hate each other with a passion, like the English and the Scottish or the English and the Argentinians or the English and the French (I could go on about who we hate and why but you get the idea).
    Everyone hates the British, and the British hate everyone. It is just a fact of life. XD I know we have a rivalry with Germany, but I like the German team, more than any other team in the tournament anyway.

Portugal and Netherlands both dissapointed me this year- a lot. How about you?

Everyone hates the British, and the British hate everyone. It is just a fact of life.
    [Citation needed.]