Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Depends replace Maximum Protection?

Default Will Depends replace Maximum Protection?

Just a simple question (that can too easily spin off into a prediction/conspiracy theory thread):

Will Depends replace their Maximum Protection with a new product? I work in a drug store, and we cleared them out just like any other company recall, and more often than not the company will replace the pulled product with a new one. For example, Depends seems to be phasing out their pull up-style underwear with RealFit and Silhouette.

Also, it doesn't make sense that they'd leave such a gaping hole in their product line, RealFit and Sihlouette will hardly meet the needs of those with heavy IC.

I think heavy incontinence is pretty uncommon prepared to milder forms, and people who are heavily incontinent tend to get diapers through their health provider. Therefore they make up only a small section of Depends' market.

No one with serious incontinence will use Depend products.
    It's only good for urine leaks.

If they replace their diaper, I'll be curious to see what they changed. Probably go cloth covered.

What about the Depends Protection with Tabs? I was curious when I saw this rather than the Maximum protection that they had. It looks to be the same diaper. When you said you "cleared [the Maximum Protection] out" did you mean strictly the ones with the label "Maximum Protection" or were you also referring to the "Protection with Tabs?"

I meant the "with tabs," as well. They sort of ran concurrently here, and we're very much the same diaper. I think depend just wanted to drop the word "brief" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Justtrytoguess View Post
    What about the Depends Protection with Tabs? I was curious when I saw this rather than the Maximum protection that they had. It looks to be the same diaper. When you said you "cleared [the Maximum Protection] out" did you mean strictly the ones with the label "Maximum Protection" or were you also referring to the "Protection with Tabs?"
    It was weird timing. They were in the midst of changing over to Depends Protection with Tabs from Fitted Maximum Protection but then Walgreens massively discounted all of them and got them off the shelves. I picked up a fair few bags at just under $4 each but I'm not sure what they'll do next. I can order online, so it's not a big deal but I liked being able to walk into a store and buy what was, at least for me, an adequate and inexpensive low capacity diaper. I have no interest in their pull-up varieties or anything cloth covered, so it's pretty much these or nothing from that company.

I tried to find them in cvs and walgreens went to five different ones and they didn't have any. This was three weeks ago.

Why doesn't anyone call the company??? I would be curious to see what they say about this apparent phasing out and possibly a new product on the way

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

I went to buy some two days ago. All they have now is underwear and boxer looking diapers. I really liked their max protection diapers; there aren't any other store alternatives. I ended up buying the CVS brand diaper. It is fairly decent.

I called depends are still making maximum protection diapers but they're finding some stores not order new stock for their stores and all together stop selling them. However you can still buy them if you can find them. I posted link to do depends website if want see if their store in your area that still sell them.

DependŽ