Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bath towel as a booster...

Default Bath towel as a booster...

This may have been asked before, but if so I cannot find it.

Has anyone every folded a bath towel and used it as a booster in a disposable diaper? I have a towel that I have folded up as a soaker (it's monster thick) and if fits inside my Assurance diaper, but I want to know if anyone has tried it, and how well it works. My mind can see several potential issues with doing it this wey, but nothing beats asking someone who has actually tried it.

Not this exactly, but I used to use towels for makeshifts all the time with shopping bags on the outside. As towelling diapers are made out of the same stuff, it's almost exactly the same. They're very absorbent. My only comment is, make sure you clean them properly (similarly to cloth). When I did this, I usually put them straight in the washing machine after use and this worked a treat.

Towels are made out of terry cloth which are found in a lot of cloth diapers. Don't use fabric softener on them or they will become less absorbent. If you don't like the wet feeling of it, you can buy adult cloth diaper liners. You can get disposable ones or reusable ones. There's no problems that I've found as I do the same thing once in awhile when I feel like wearing a bulky diaper. If you don't like rashes you might want to change out of it sooner than you would a disposable (without a liner).

After 30 years of IC I can tell you I have tried everything.
    Like MeTalma said be very carefull of diaper rash. Adding a terry booster will convert the comfort of a disposable back to a cloth diaper.
    Also when wet it will add a lot of weight causing what I call diaper sag a lot sooner.
    But if you like the bulk between you legs go for it.

's okay if you're after the bulk of it, but it's generally not a good idea to obstruct the dispersal of fluid by obstructing the [what should be a] contained space provided by the inner cuffs.
    while i have used towels before, i've mostly used nappy booster pads (from Boots, when they were cheap), but you still end up with the same problem of obstructing flow, thereby causing an overflow (leaks).
    it's surprising how much a modern dispie relies on the inner cuffs

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm gonna try it tonight and see what happens. Will post to my ADSIC blog with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTDL View Post
    This may have been asked before, but if so I cannot find it.

Has anyone every folded a bath towel and used it as a booster in a disposable diaper? I have a towel that I have folded up as a soaker (it's monster thick) and if fits inside my Assurance diaper, but I want to know if anyone has tried it, and how well it works. My mind can see several potential issues with doing it this wey, but nothing beats asking someone who has actually tried it.
    im sorry but i would not recommend this at all!
    this could and very well may break your diaper. i would goto a AB/DL site that sells diapers and get a few boosters from there.
    Last edited by ilovedaddy; 10-Jun-2012 at 00:41. Reason: spelling

I tried this a few weeks ago and to my surprise, it was pretty great. I folded the towel up so it was a strip about 10cm across and maybe 40-50cm long, and lay it right in the middle of the diaper. The best part (and the reason I tried it) was that the diaper felt hugely bulky. I went out to a shopping centre to buy some more diapers wearing it and it forced me to waddle slightly and must have been quite obvious under my clothes. It also stood up to more wettings than any other diaper I've ever tried like 5-6 big wettings before it started to leak. I would love to try this more often but it does make cleanup a bit more of a hassle.

ilovedaddy: It depends on what diaper you use, and how you tape it up. The cloth like diapers out there will hold for a good bit, Depend's tapes are not that great and the plastic is weak. But Bambino's tape panel offers great defense against tape popping. I usually go up a size on diapers I stuff with towels to use. Half the time I don't wet them, I just wear them for fun or comfort.