Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby powder

Default Baby powder

Just curious. Does baby powder prevent diaper rash?

prevent no, put it does help due to the fact that is sucks up moisture

Quote Originally Posted by Slycamer View Post
    prevent no, put it does help due to the fact that is sucks up moisture
    Well... doesn't sucking up the moisture help "prevent" a rash?

It won't stop a rash from happening, but it will help prevent it for a little while longer. You should still change regularly.

Baby powder helps tackle diaper rash, but there is no guarantee that you can be protected from having a diaper rash from wearing a messy diaper with baby powder inside for too long.

baby powder seems to benefit me the most while my skin is still dry, it helps keep it dry and I think helps it not completely suffocate under the sides where there's no padding and just plastic. Once it gets damp it's totally useless.

Thank you. I was just curious because lately I've been wetting my diaper to almost full capacity when I wake up from sleeping through the night. I usually sleep at least eight hours. I do always use baby powder, but is that baby powder gonna help me to not get a diaper rash or should I wake up early to change myself before it gets to that point. Basically is eight hours to long to be in a wet diaper even with baby powder?

if your going to be wet for 8 hours you might want to use a barrier cream along with the powder. the baby powder will only help as long as you are dry as it helps with the sweat and a little bit of friction but as soon as you wet it doesn't really help.

I don't know if it prevents it or not, but it makes wearing diapers much more comfortable...especially when I wear them to bed at night. It does prevent chafing when I wear diapers in the daytime too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    It won't stop a rash from happening, but it will help prevent it for a little while longer. You should still change regularly.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that's what i ment