Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great Ray Bradbury Dies at Age 91

I was quite saddened by this news. I have all of his primary works on my shelf

kinda sucks but he was pretty old. Farhenhit 451 was one of my favorite books in class for assigned reading in high school.

Hopefully they'll remake the movie and do it decently this time around. The movie was alight but it lacked a lot especially I think the mechanical dog parts. Of course, why would the movie industry promote reading like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I was quite saddened by this news. I have all of his primary works on my shelf
    Same here, Geno. His works were among my favorite Sci-Fi reads.

I love both "Dandelion Wine" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes". "Something Wicked" actually has some regression scenes in it. If you go backwards on the merry-go-round, it turns you into a baby. Bradbury was an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I love both "Dandelion Wine" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes". "Something Wicked" actually has some regression scenes in it. If you go backwards on the merry-go-round, it turns you into a baby. Bradbury was an interesting person.
    I'm going to have to go to the library for a re-read. They were in my collection until I decluttered. The collection got split up among the local hospital's "free reading" bin, the local library's fundraising book sale, and the IT guy at my wife's school partly as a bribe to insure prompt service. IT guy took some of the best Sci-fi stuff. What a surprise.

Nice Article about him The first story of his I ever read was The Veldt, and along with loving Deadmau5 song about it, it has always stuck with me for years as being one of the most though-provoking stories I ever read