Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have anything to say about the Secure X-Plus Diapers?

Default Does anyone have anything to say about the Secure X-Plus Diapers?

X-Plus Adult Diaper : Secure Personal Care

I was wondering if anyone has experiences with this diaper. It says it outperforms the Abena brand, but then again, every company likes to claim they're the best. I still want to see a "real" picture of these, if anyone can find one. I'm interested in knowing more about them.

Darkfinn

I've used them in the past... and they are very nice. They are pretty thick and the tapes are just awesome... infinitely refastenable and they hold securely every time.

However... I would say that absorbancy is lacking when compared to Abri X-Plus and Dry 24/7. The Secures always come up a couple of wettings short... I could never make it through the whole work day with just one.

The front plastic "taping zone" also makes these diapers quite sturdy and very crinkley... they're kinda loud actually.

The real killer is price... Secures are quite expensive when compared to something like a Tranquility ATN or a Dry 24/7. I don't really buy them anymore b/c there are better deals on the market now.

Personally... I'd give them an 8 out of 10. The tapes are really really nice... but seeing as they don't absorb like a Abri or a Dry and are quite expensive (especially compared to Dry) I gotta downgrade them a bit.

9/10 from a non-24 hour wearer.

Honestly these things are great, I'd rate them a point less than say, bambinos absorbency wise but as Darkfinn said they are very loud, not at all good for 'stealth' wearing.

This is a picture of a Secure Plus, the X-Plus looks just like it only thicker and the X-Plus has an elastic waist band on one side.

I use these, because seriously, paying over $1.50 a diaper hurts my wallet too much.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    I use these, because seriously, paying over $1.50 a diaper hurts my wallet too much.

Have you thought about trying the Drys? They're only $1 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Have you thought about trying the Drys? They're only $1 a piece.
    I ordered a sample pack, but I like white diapers, and if they have the taping system I think they have, I can't stand it either.

Darkfinn

I ordered a sample pack, but I like white diapers, and if they have the taping system I think they have, I can't stand it either.
    Understandable.

White diapers are definately nicer IMHO... and the tapes on Secures can't be beat... but the Drys were just too much of a bargain for me to pass up.

On another note... what do you think of the Secure Plus? They claim superiority to Abena Super (my new daytime favorite)... ever tried those?

The Secure Plus are nice, if they had an elastic waistband, I would say they were great. The only difference between them and the X-Plus is the lack of the waistband and that they are thinner and much cheaper.

I haven't tried the Abena Supers, I have used Abena X-Plus, and I am tired of having to using duck tape to tape my diapers.

I've found the secures to be pretty good, though they are a notch lower than the abena x-plus. Personally, I think they are one of the most absorbent diapers that I would consider wearing under clothes when going out. I reserve the abena's for home alone and at night

Darkfinn

I have used Abena X-Plus, and I am tired of having to using duck tape to tape my diapers.

I've heard a lot of people with that problem... I've got a case of Abena X-plus being delivered today... going to do a thorough testing and comparison with Dry 24/7. We'll see how well the tapes hold up for me.