Thread: Favorite Parodies (songs)

Default Favorite Parodies (songs)

As long as there is cover songs, there needs to be a parody song thread, at least in my opinion =p. Parodies are probably my favorite thing besides original songs, and often I much prefer the parodies of a song to the actual song. Now I figure this will be a lot of Weird Al stuff (with good reason, much of his stuff is great), so I'm going to go away from Weird Al, and go with:

Pancakes! by James at War

Why do I like it? Well first there were a lot of [email protected] parodies I could of gone with (all great), but to the why I like it bit' I like it because it captures the simplicity of Friday and notches it up about 10 fold. That really is pretty much it.

So yes, what are some of your favorite parodies? Again why it is, is always nice to hear but not like you have to say if you don't want to.

^that song was a joke in the first place I hardly think it requires a parody.

Been a fan of weird Al since the early 80's but my current favorite is ...

Yes to [email protected] but also I love Weird Al's parody of American Pie (The Saga Begins) because it just tells the story so well, also his covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit and Gangster's Paradise (Smells Like Nirvana and Amish Paradise respectively).

Any thing by Rucka Rucka Ali. i aint gonna post his songs because most are crude, uncensored, politicly incorect, and dealing with seriously putting other people down. but most of it is hilarious, weird al is also one of my favorites i like his star wars parody of don Mclean's american pie