Thread: Hi from Galveston

Default Hi from Galveston

I really never did a proper intro so here it is. I live in Galveston and I am a student. I like long walks on the beach... Not really.

Of course you like long walks on the beach, just not by yourself. You see her sitting alone on a bench where people rest from trekking up and down the boardwalk. The heat is almost overwhelming even though it is getting late, the sun setting. Your feet are hot and tired, and you were ready to leave, when you saw her, those penetrating eyes, looking, no, staring through you. Now she's getting up, walking straight toward you, jumping of the well worn boards, and it's like she's floating across the sand, she moving closer and closer, almost effortlessly. You stand motionless, caught in the spell of her unimaginable beauty.

Finally she is upon you, close, so close. She whispers into your ear, "It's going to rain," and suddenly, inexplicably, small drops begin to hit you, the drops becoming larger, more intense, pelting the both of you. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. She says, "Lets take cover under the pier."

You run with her, she, her beautiful body, racing like the wind, leaving you in her trail of kicked up sand, and some strange, almost foreign fragrance. It must be perfume, mustn't it?

She waits for you to catch up, she now under the pier, and as you approach her, she reaches out to your hand, takes it, and pulls you close to her, up against her. You heart begins to beat, beat hard and irregularly, faster and faster. You never imagined when you had decided to go to the beach today, that it would end this way, but there was something else you never imagined, never could have imagined, and that reality became all to apparent and much to late, as she lowered her face to your neck, as if to kiss it, only to sink her fangs into you, and the veins that once transported your life so efficiently. And it was now, in this sudden reality, that you knew why you hated long walks on the beach.

Galveston would be a really nice place, if it were not for all the damned vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Galveston would be a really nice place, if it were not for all the damned vampires.
    I thought it was Santa Cruz that had the vampires (showing my age here!)

And to the OP, have fun on the pleasure pier, if you can find a place to park!

Quote Originally Posted by k1tt3ncatch3r View Post
    I really never did a proper intro so here it is. I live in Galveston and I am a student. I like long walks on the beach... Not really.
    It's never too late to write a good introduction!

Welcome back! I guess you live near South Padre Island? (I heard that beach is a lot of fun!)

Just curious, what do you like best about ADISC so far?

=)