Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphic deaths pictures and videos?

Default Graphic deaths pictures and videos?

Today I stumbled across a site that hosts pictures and videos of what even I consider to be insanely graphic deaths. I don't dare post the link here because the rules likely would forbid it.

My question is, should this sort of activity be allowed to be accessed here in the US? As far as I can tell this website combs the internet looking for any deaths or photos of dead people. I don't mean people who died of natural causes but stuff like war, suicide, which are names of sections.

There were also sections called "lol", "WTF", War, Suicide. While on this website I watvhed a video that said it was taking in syria and it showed what they claimed to be a 15 year old boy who had his complete lower jaw blown off in a shelling attack. He was reported to die hours later.

This video was within the top 5 most disturbing ring I have seen or read about and brought a new level of respect for the shit the Syrian people have to endure at the hands of their own government.

There was also a video of a cartel cutting of heads of two live men. One via a chainsaw another one with a knife. At least that's what the comments said. I couldn't bring myself to even view anymore then the into photo of it. The two men who were killed supplied confessed to being cartel workers themselves and supposedly it was a rival cartel killing them. However I've known cartels to kill good law enforcement officers as well.

I think i know what site your talk about and by US laws yes it should be accessible. I stumbled on to that site when i was randomly looking at car crashes.

I never heard of that site before, but googled it up, and found it.

Those videos are brutal beyond any imaginable limit, but the fact is, all of the stuff I've seen (and it's not much, because it really requires a strong stomach) is not made up: for how terrible it may look, it's all real. I don't know about US laws, but I don't see anything wrong with showing people stuff that really happens. To some extent, I find it instructive: hearing on the news about people getting murdered, or having deathly car accidents, or committing suicide, sometimes doesn't touch us as it should, most of the times it just becomes something distant that we hardly feel anything about. But still being indifferent after seeing it with our own eyes is a bit harder, as you demonstrated with your words:

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    This video [...] brought a new level of respect for the shit the Syrian people have to endure at the hands of their own government.
    It reminds me of something I've seen some time ago in a documentary about (I think) French motorway police: every time someone got caught speeding, after being fined they were shown videos of bad deathly accidents that displayed in detail what had happened to the victims. For how gruesome that could sound, seeing with their own eyes what could be the consequences of their reckless driving style turned out to be the most effective method for persuading people to be more careful.

While I do not completely understand it, I acknowledge that it is a human curiosity thing to watch things like that. Working in an emergency room, the one thing I can say is that dead is dead. It doesn't really matter how you got there, the end result is still the same. It is the one great equalizer, because it doesn't matter how rich, poor, famous, unknown, etc., you were, all that is left in the end is a corpse.

I think the more disturbing thing about the site you mentioned is not necessarily the people dying, but the evil people inflict on each other. I would not be as concerned for those that died as I would that the ones that did it to them are still walking around, looking for the next opportunity.

As repulsive as I find the content of that site (I found it while doing a research paper about blood spatter identification for my forensics class) I think it is and should stay legal. As long as the photos aren't from an active case then I believe it's legal to have them. I think there should be a warning banner at the top of every page and before entering the site because the content is very graphic and it would be terrible for somebody to stumble across it unwittingly. I'll admit that I definitely cried and at one point was almost sick from some of the content (thank god I didn't see the beheading video, I definitely would have been sick and probably had nightmares) but what I find infinitely more horrific than the pictures and videos is that in some of the comments people laugh at the horrendous pain and suffering portrayed there and even happily wish it upon others, something that I can't even fathom how somebody can even think of wishing things like that upon others, no matter how ghastly a person they are...

I see no problem in it. What I DO see a problem in is Reddit's r/picsofdeadkids sub-reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    but what I find infinitely more horrific than the pictures and videos is that in some of the comments people laugh at the horrendous pain and suffering portrayed there and even happily wish it upon others, something that I can't even fathom how somebody can even think of wishing things like that upon others, no matter how ghastly a person they are...
    Yeah I can't see how people can write comments like that after watching the videos or view the pictures. Last sunday on a new discovery show called Head Games they noted a part of the brain that feels "pain" when you watch a person stick a needle trough their arm or pull a string from their mouth trough their eye socket. I guess this might not work with horrible injuries that this one site likes to feature just from the sheer scale of the injuries and that it's likely stuff far worse then any of us ever had to experience let alone see.

teddybear206

ive seen worse, tey have photos of jerrfery dahmers victems, and the dismemberment and the head in the freezer....sickiningg

Should it be allowed? Yes.
    Will I ever intentionally visit that site? No.