Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Afraid to wash my Plushy

Default Afraid to wash my Plushy

Any one else that have the same felling? How do you deal whit it when it come the time that you need to wash your sleeping pall?

I need to wash my plushy but i am very afraid of it becours i dont wont him to get broken or that he should lose more of the fur that he has. I dont know what to do. I am so attached to it.

Put it in a pillowcase and close it up with a ziptie, The pillowcase allows for friction against the fabric as well as allows soap/water to permeate, and disallows any appendages from being ripped off.

Just make sure to AIR/TUMBLE dry only NO HEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Put it in a pillowcase and close it up with a ziptie, The pillowcase allows for friction against the fabric as well as allows soap/water to permeate, and disallows any appendages from being ripped off.

Just make sure to AIR/TUMBLE dry only NO HEAT.
    You mean a zip?

first off, what's your plushy filled with? if it's just the squishy fluff then you can wash it but if it feels like it has little beans in it DO NOT WASH IT. The little beans are styrofoam and will disintegrate and lump together and mildew if you wash it. If you have the beads and it's dirty surface wash it with a damp washcloth. If it's just the fluffy filling, put it in a pillowcase (or a delicates bag if you have one) and wash it on cold (or no warmer than warm, never hot) on the delicate/lace setting. Then tumble dry it in air only with no heat.

I've washed several plushies like this and they always come out ok, though it's very scary waiting for them to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    first off, what's your plushy filled with? if it's just the squishy fluff then you can wash it but if it feels like it has little beans in it DO NOT WASH IT. The little beans are styrofoam and will disintegrate and lump together and mildew if you wash it. If you have the beads and it's dirty surface wash it with a damp washcloth. If it's just the fluffy filling, put it in a pillowcase (or a delicates bag if you have one) and wash it on cold (or no warmer than warm, never hot) on the delicate/lace setting. Then tumble dry it in air only with no heat.

I've washed several plushies like this and they always come out ok, though it's very scary waiting for them to be done.
    It is filled whit squishy fluff.

Yes i know but it is scary to wait for him to be done. Bad i dont know this the first time that i wash him. And i am going to hang dry it. I dont like to use the tumble dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    It is filled whit squishy fluff.

Yes i know but it is scary to wait for him to be done. Bad i dont know this the first time that i wash him. And i am going to hang dry it. I dont like to use the tumble dry.
    then you should be perfectly safe washing him and that's also good just remember to hang him in the sun if possible to speed the drying process.

I know what it's like to wait for a plushie to wash. I got really sick and got sick on one of my plushies and that was the first time I'd ever had to wash a plushie and I was so scared that he wouldn't be ok. But he was!!

then you should be perfectly safe washing him and that's also good just remember to hang him in the sun if possible to speed the drying process.

I know what it's like to wait for a plushie to wash. I got really sick and got sick on one of my plushies and that was the first time I'd ever had to wash a plushie and I was so scared that he wouldn't be ok. But he was!!
    It caned of hot any way so i think it is going to be fine i have around 23° so i think he is going to be dry in the end of the day

Hmm, I wouldn't hang your pal directly in the sun but in the shade and give it a little more time. The direct sunlight could bleach out the colours over time.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't hang your pal directly in the sun but in the shade and give it a little more time. The direct sunlight could bleach out the colours over time.

Cheers.
    Yes i have thought about that to.

And i think the plush i have is very old i think it was made around 2002 or something close to that.

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

My favorite plushy is old too....VERY old. I got it when I was 1 and I am 23 now so you can do the math. Lol. Unfortunately I'm certain he would not fair well in a washing machine. I'm thinking of getting him restuffed but I digress.... I'm planning on getting a spot cleaner to try to get out some stains. At least that way the fragile 2 decade old stuffing won't be affected. Hand washing with some detergent is always a safe bet too. That way you can be extra gentle.