Thread: Hi from LittlePhil

Smile Hi from LittlePhil

I work in health-care. I repair and service medical devices in a large hospital. I love my job.
    I sleep very soundly wearing DryNites and hugging my teddy-bear. It feels like home.
    I love science-fiction, especialy in the written form. I am a bit of a techie and love computing. I am also a Radio Amateur (Ham).
    I love music. I sing well enough to do Kareoke and play the piano, poorly.
    I also enjoy Pub Quizes.
    I am here for the community of people like myself and for any advice they might have for a newbie.
    Last edited by LittlePhil; 04-Jun-2012 at 09:29. Reason: Thought of more of my interests

I work in health-care. I repair and service medical devices in a large hospital. I love my job.
    I sleep very soundly wearing DryNites and hugging my teddy-bear. It feels like home.
    I love science-fiction, especialy in the written form. I am a bit of a techie and love computing. I am also a Radio Amateur (Ham).
    I am here for the community of people like myself and for any advice they might have for a newbie.
    Hallo and welcome to ADISC LittlePhil! I too also sleep well with my teddy. :-) What's a Ham radio operating like? I bet you get to meet many interesting people through it. :-)

Amateur Radio is almost what ever you want it to be. One can use it to teach one's self or others about radio communications. You can take your rig walking. I took a hand-held with me, last time I visited Scotland and used it in the mountains around Avemoor. One can use speech or morse-code. There are lots of data-modes which one codes and decodes with a computer or a smart-phone. Yes, most of the people I've met through it are very interesting!