View Poll Results: Have you ever tried cloth-backed disposables?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 73.44%
  • no

17 26.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are cloth back disposable diapers really that bad?

Default Are cloth back disposable diapers really that bad?

Well with abena going over to cloth backed disposable diapers and everyone making a fuss about it all, I am just curious as to how many actual even tried cloth back disposable diapers. I believe most people are just going off of what others are saying and just getting fed up with them even thought they have never tried a cloth back disposable diaper in their life. I mean just cause one person says it is uncomfortable doesn't mean it will be the same.
    Last edited by kratox; 01-Jun-2012 at 21:53.

I have tried the cloth backed diapers and just regular cloth diapers with plastic pants over them. as far as abena I do prefer the plastic backed diapers because they seem to last me longer before a possible leak and contain the pee smell a lot better than the cloth backed version. the tapes just don't seem to stay right on the cloth backed versions either.
    one of the good things that i do have to say for the cloth backed is that they are slightly cooler as i don't seem to sweat as much compared to the plastic backed. when abena goes completely cloth backed I will probably still order from them as they still have a great diaper but I will wear plastic pants over them as needed to combat all the issues with the cloth backed and if I have to just switch to completely cloth diapers and plastic pants unless a disposable is completely necessary.

Cloth covered diapers are very good. Especially if they use velcro closure. Cheap brands that use sticky tapes are dissapointing.
    Molicare use a very effective hybrid sticky velcro tape that work really well.

Cloth covered does not mean it has no noise. It's less noisy though. And I prefer the feel in general.

I have tried cloth and like them. They be more softer if I could dry them all the way but the dryer doesn't dry them completely on one cycle and it would cost us another 75 cents to dry and it can take us three times to dry them so I hang dry them after one cycle. Then they feel stiff.

Oh the smell, I like to soak them now and get as much pee out of them as possible. I will pour the water out in the bath tub and refill it again with the diapers so they be cleaner when I wash them since I can't do rinse cycle.

CrinklySiren

I personally don't think so, though it depends on how they are made. If they are made well like the cloth cushies or the attends breathables then they are great. Hybrids are great too though not exactly cloth lol like active ultra diapers are one of my favorites cuz they are soft plastic outside but with a velcro hook loop landing strip.

As for actual cloth diapers I only own one from babykins tha is velcro also and let me tell you for nights when u don't have a disposable or don't wanna use one, these cloth ones are as close to resembling a disposable as it gets, absolutely fantastic quality and craftsmanship.

The thread title is misleading. The title refers to cloth diapers, but I think what the OP is talking about is cloth-backed disposables.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    The thread title is misleading. The title refers to cloth diapers, but I think what the OP is talking about is cloth-backed disposables.
    thxs xD. I fixed it.

So did the poll also mean clothed back disposables too?

I thought he was actually talking about cloth diapers and I did read the OP and I thought he was talking about cloth also than just Abena.

When you mentioned cloth diaper in your OP, did you also mean cloth back disposable?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    So did the poll also mean clothed back disposables too?

I thought he was actually talking about cloth diapers and I did read the OP and I thought he was talking about cloth also than just Abena.

When you mentioned cloth diaper in your OP, did you also mean cloth back disposable?
    I meant cloth back disposable diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I meant cloth back disposable diapers.
    So that is your answer to both questions?