Thread: Would this work?

Default Would this work?

Hey, I've been thinking about putting one of my pampers in the bath for a bit so it gets completely soaked. Then the plan would be to take it out, let some water drain off and then leave it over night to dry slightly.

The next day, put the diaper on and wear it for a few hours. Anyone done this before? Curious to know if leaving it over night would stop it from leaking. Be really nice to have the entire thing soaked through but no leaking!

Thanks

Chances are that the diaper is going to burst before it can fully dry out. From when i wore one in to the shower.

It's also going to be pretty cold when you put it on doing it that way instead why not pour liquid into it slowly giving it a squeeze to see if it's released again when it is fairly full give it about 5 minutes to fully gel and put it on

just maybe someone needs to make politly-pre-stuffed diapers. not unlike the gel-filled bras for the less well endowed.....
    a stuffing that would stay in place, have the proper gush-factor, and of course provide adequate weight.... not too much but not too little.

I think wearing it is one thing, sitting down wearing it would be like immersing yourself in a bucket of wallpaper paste i would imagine, does sound interesting though. Let us know how you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hey, I've been thinking about putting one of my pampers in the bath for a bit so it gets completely soaked. Then the plan would be to take it out, let some water drain off and then leave it over night to dry slightly.

The next day, put the diaper on and wear it for a few hours. Anyone done this before? Curious to know if leaving it over night would stop it from leaking. Be really nice to have the entire thing soaked through but no leaking!

Thanks
    I'm not sure they dry out in the way you suggest - I thought the wetness-trapping thing was a one-way process (so once the SAP beads have been saturated you can't get them back into dry beads). Although would be happy to be corrected on this!

It's probably going to rupture if you apply any significant kind of force to it. You're better off just filling it with warm water from the sink and then wearing it. You might want to wear it as a stuffer for a larger diaper though.

Will try it during the week (Got the week home alone) and will let you know what happens :P

SAP in the diaper should lock away liquids. If there's too much for all the sap to suck up, some will be in the pulp and won't dry out very quickly.

A recent thread mentioned opening a diaper and adding sap powder. I found some here and will be playing with it later to see if the stuff that is supposed to work like "snow" is any good.

The Original Instant Snow Powder

This stuff apparently is different though since they claim it will dry out.