Thread: Hotel / Motel / Bed & Breakfasts that support DL adults

Default Hotel / Motel / Bed & Breakfasts that support DL adults

Does anyone know of lodging accomodations that still have plastic mattress covers on their beds? I still carry my protective mattress cover with me for a variety of reasons (previous mattress stains / my nighttime accidents with possible leakage, etc.).

Are there any Bed & Breakfast lodgings (typically private owners that open up their homes for the business traveller) where the owners understand a business clientel that needs protective undergarments at night? Many years ago I was on a one month work assignment and doing my wash at the local laundromat was not so bad until someone opened my washing machine to see if it was empty and they saw my tee shirts, socks and diapers and plastic underpants. Too make it worse I learned that clear dryer doors also do a good job of showing what is tumbling dry inside! I had to just sit there and wait untli they were done while about 1/2 the folks in there could see there were adult size protective undergarments going round and round.

I've never had this issue at a bed and breakfast but in the past year I've stayed in a hotel half a dozen times. When booking the room, I ask that a waterproof cover is placed on the mattress due to a medical condition. Then when I check in, I ask the desk clerk if my request was accommodated. Never been an issue.

Mandyloo

Quote Originally Posted by JOCKMAN View Post
    Does anyone know of lodging accomodations that still have plastic mattress covers on their beds? I still carry my protective mattress cover with me for a variety of reasons (previous mattress stains / my nighttime accidents with possible leakage, etc.).

Are there any Bed & Breakfast lodgings (typically private owners that open up their homes for the business traveller) where the owners understand a business clientel that needs protective undergarments at night? Many years ago I was on a one month work assignment and doing my wash at the local laundromat was not so bad until someone opened my washing machine to see if it was empty and they saw my tee shirts, socks and diapers and plastic underpants. Too make it worse I learned that clear dryer doors also do a good job of showing what is tumbling dry inside! I had to just sit there and wait untli they were done while about 1/2 the folks in there could see there were adult size protective undergarments going round and round.
    B&B's in the UK not really. At least 3 star hotels but not those outside major cities.

Just a suggestion maybe you can order adult disposable under pad to the hotel, this will be less embarrassing.

Mandyloo

Quote Originally Posted by diaperbunny View Post
    Just a suggestion maybe you can order adult disposable under pad to the hotel, this will be less embarrassing.
    true but bringing your own is best

Last time i stayed in a travel lodge in the uk they had plastic sheets over the matress , came in handy as i could hardly move my foot after ripping the ligiments in it.