Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to contain the smell

Default how to contain the smell

Okay, so today my cleaning lady threw away my stash of wet diapers, which I was waiting until trash night to do, but anyway, I'm freaking out about that mildly. However, I think it was the smell that led her to the stash. How can I cover that up? My pee has been really strong smelling lately since i started drinking coffee and siting around for a day or two doesn't help. How can I control the smell of my stash?

Put them in zip lock plastic bags and keep in a sealed container.

In the U.K. bread is sold in plastic bags, these are fantastic for putting a wet diaper in and it`s long enough to tie a knot in the bag. The bag is then sealed up and odour free. Place a few of these in an old carrier bag and tie up the handles ready for disposal into the trash.

i use 13 gallon trash bags and chip clips, crude but effective and it holds a weeks worth and resealable

Plastic grocery bags. My daddy always grabs extra just for used diapers.

I just throw them away outside in the dumpster now. I don't care who sees them. But before I started to wear cloth. I would put them in the bucket and close the lid. Then when it get full I would pour them in the trash bag in the kitchen and take the bag out and take it out to the dumpster.

Drink water.

I normally put them in the bags from subway(then tie them off) if I have any lying around and then normally put them in a Ziplock bag until I'm ready to take them out with the rest of the trash. I try not to let them sit around too long but now that I don't have access to the dumpsters on my college campus or an easily accessible dumpster where I work I can get a few days worth lying around. I just moved them out of my room into a bag in my garage so I can take them to the dump Saturday.

Keep them sealed in Plastic bags, and don't keep them in the garbage for too long.

If you have any way of getting to a public garbage can, that would be ideal. I often stop on the way to work in the morning to throw mine out at a gas station/grocery store. It stops them from accumulating.

I take them out every morning while everyone is sleeping. That's about 4:45am that's when i leave for work.