Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feelings from Pacifier Usage

Default Feelings from Pacifier Usage

Seeing as most of the pacifier threads I've searched on are more specifically on brands and comfortable usage, I wanted this to be more specifically on feelings experienced from using them and why some think so. That being said...

1) What feelings do you experience from using your pacifier? Feelings of safety, comfort, pleasure, or just an overall simple relaxing feeling?

2) Do you focus more on the act of using it? Or is it more automatic and you don't notice it?

3)This is tied in with question 1. When and why do you use it?

I was curious in the different levels and types of experiences from pacifier usage. I've often wondered myself for a while if pacifiers are like common stress balls in their ability to focus our minds, or AB feelings are combined from their usage resulting in a feeling of security. It could even be multiple mix of things I think it's rather interesting. Feel free to add whatever else.

I've found that if I can't sleep or if I need to be asleep earlier than normal I can pop one in and I'm out like a light. I've also found they help me focus sometimes either studying or playing video games lol

1. I definitely feel lots of comfort and relaxation when I use my binky but it's more then that. It makes me feel super babyish and it's a great aid in regressing.

2. I kind of go back and forth. I'll notice it and focus on it for a bit then I'll just go back to what I'm doing.

3. I use my pacifier scarcely because it causes my jaw a great deal of pain. I try not to use it for a while but I'll eventually cave. I just used it today actually, surprisingly my jaw isn't hurting that much as I thought it would right now. The biggest reason I use my paci is to achieve the regressed feelings that I just need to feel sometimes.

Default Responsum

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Seeing as most of the pacifier threads I've searched on are more specifically on brands and comfortable usage, I wanted this to be more specifically on feelings experienced from using them and why some think so. That being said...

1) What feelings do you experience from using your pacifier? Feelings of safety, comfort, pleasure, or just an overall simple relaxing feeling?
    It's just comforting, nothing much else to say about that. Pleasure? I guess in a heady sort of way, it's like a big rush when I start sucking on my paci right before beddybye time!

2) Do you focus more on the act of using it? Or is it more automatic and you don't notice it?
    I myself only really suck at bedtime, so I'd have to say you gotta focus at first, but then it sets in as automatic (your brain adjusts I guess you could say)

Bedtime, and I got into ABism around 8th grade, (I was a DL mainly before that, but ABism just kinda clicked w/ me so I took up the pacifier on rare occasions)

I was curious in the different levels and types of experiences from pacifier usage. I've often wondered myself for a while if pacifiers are like common stress balls in their ability to focus our minds, or AB feelings are combined from their usage resulting in a feeling of security. It could even be multiple mix of things I think it's rather interesting. Feel free to add whatever else.
    Yeah it generates powerful feelings I'll admit that; especially if you can get an adult paci like I have (remember those big german Nuk 5's or w/e? You can get 'em on amazon, perfect size!). Like when you get into bed and start sucking it's some kinda heady rush, then that washes over in a few seconds and you just feel secure, safe, it's all very nice and sweet, that's why I like my pacifier I suppose

For me using my paci is pleasurable and relaxing, after a few minuets it become automatic where I don't notice it anymore, and the main reason why I use it is because of my AB side.
    When I grab my paci for the night to go to bed it is pretty much upon instinct. I also can fall asleep at night without it falling out of my mouth.

Lindt

I catch myself sucking my thumb if I don't have it, it's not something I think about, but I think it just relaxes me, makes me feel a bit safer.

For me its a feeling of relaxation as well as pleasure. Sucking on it as I'm lying in bed really helps me wind down for the night. As for the pleasure component, I'd say that it helps me get deeper into a "baby" mindset. To clarify, It's not so much that I like the ageplay aspect of it, instead it's more of a act self-punishment. If I'm going to wear diapers like a baby, then I should be forced into acting like one

It used to be a completely automatic act. I'd pop the paci in, and I'd just start sucking. It's been a while since used one on a regular basis and as such I've found that I really have to focus on sucking otherwise I'll just bite down on it.

Perhaps it's because I used a few chew toys during my pacifier hiatus. Now my stupid furry brain is wired to clamp down and chew on rubbery things that get put in my mouth! xD

As I said, I really only use it at or around bedtime. It's relaxing and helps me get into a mild punishment mindset: Kota wears diapers like a baby, babies use pacifiers, so Kota should use a paci too.

*blushes* My diaperfur / diaper lover side is showing, isn't it?
    Last edited by Kota; 31-May-2012 at 21:42. Reason: Formatting

BabySonya

It comforts me a lot and also it's just something to suck on. I've always had the need to put things in my mouth.

Automatic. I've been using pacifer for a long time, and I was never completely weaned of night time paci before I became AB.

I use a paci all the time (right now when writing this as well). I use it to feed my need to suck, like said. As for nights, I cannot get sleep without pacifier.

I've found it's a wonderful way to relax. It helps me focus, especially when I'm studying or writing papers.

It used to be something I focused on, but now it's completely automatic. It's so natural!

I use it when I'm concentrating on things. I'll catch myself chewing on my lips or grinding my teeth, which can end up being painful, so the paci helps combat those habits. I also pop one in when I'm super stressed - it helps me fall asleep when I've got a lot on my mind. Over the years I've found more and more occasions to use one, like when I'm watching movies or on a long car drive. If I don't have my paci, I'll substitute my thumb, sometimes subconsciously. Being in college, this is something I have to be careful with, as I really don't feel like explaining this habit to anyone just yet.

I started using a paci out of curiousness since i knew i was an AB. When i first tried one, I loved it, it helped me regress so much.

I use it mostly though because it is relaxing. Partially because regression is relaxing.

It is half automatic, I can suck on it without thinking about it, other times i need to think about it or it'll just hang out in my mouth. I manage not to just up and loose it in the middle of the night though.

Depends on the day, when i use it. I'd use it more often if it didn't feel so hard on my teeth after a long time.