Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel through TSA

Default Travel through TSA

Went through full body scanner wearing a Dry 24/7 and an Abena pad for extra protection. No problem at JFK, and coming back from Texas, the same. The TSA agent in Austin even asked me to turn around so I could see that the screen read, "OK." Diapers were dry (or very close to that) at the time I went through the checkpoint. Don't have any idea how they looked on the imaging equipment, but there were no problems. No further inspection. No pat-down. Maybe this will ease the concern of some who plan air travel this summer.

BabyPikachu

Thats cool, and I think people shouldnt be concerned about going through the TSA checks in diapers. Although I've never been subject to any form of patdown or scan as my Family is fortunate enough to own a private plane. So we get to bypass all the security you have to face while getting on a mass transit plane.

I never been patted down in the U.s. but in Europe security is extremely tight.

My band and choir classes flew to Florida to go to Disney a few years ago. I wore a Goodnite just for the experience of doing it. I had a couple others in a drawstring bag down at the bottom of my backpack. I put my backpack on the thing to go through the x-ray, and went through the scanner myself. I made it through without a hitch, but my backpack got backed up. I had to remove the metal case that had my DS in it and send it through separate. Then on the other side, they had to look inside my backpack and swab it. I was scared to death that she would ask to look inside the bag that was plainly visible at the bottom, but she did not. I was able to pack everything back in my bag, and it was all good from there.

sounds like there chilling out a bit .from the horror stories i've heard before if i ever went through a tsa check diapered i'd load it up and give them a go ahead and pat this down look.
    Last edited by Trevor; 30-May-2012 at 04:58. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbravo2 View Post
    Then how the heck do you know what it's like having your privacy and civil liberties invaded?!?!?! STFU!
    Off topic: You had a legitimate response up until you went all 1990's high school chatroom on us. Keep it simple.

On topic: Everyone's experience with the TSA will vary. I've heard horror stories that may or may not have been exaggerated and I've heard some like the ones here who didn't have any issue at all. As long as you're not a complete idiot in the airport you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

did the nakey scan machine many times, even once in phoenix while stepping out for a smoke, that time I was a bit wet, never had an issue.. btw, how deep does it go? can I get a copy for my doc? a plane flight almost anywhere on the planet is WAY cheaper than the last CT scan I had.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbravo2 View Post
    Then how the heck do you know what it's like having your privacy and civil liberties invaded?!?!?! STFU!

FYI - To everyone else - it is YOUR RIGHT to OPT OUT of the body scan, and opt for a private screening. I DO THIS ANYTIME I FLY! If we all did it, they'd send those privacy invading machines back to the manufacturer.
    have you ever looked at an x-ray? unless you're afraid of them seeing your coccyx or something, i can't fathom any reason that you'd want to opt out of the quicker, simpler way.

myself, i've been traveling a lot during the past 6 months, and i think that the machines are fine. they make everything go faster. it's not some kind of privacy invading spy weapon... it's an x-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    have you ever looked at an x-ray? unless you're afraid of them seeing your coccyx or something, i can't fathom any reason that you'd want to opt out of the quicker, simpler way.

myself, i've been traveling a lot during the past 6 months, and i think that the machines are fine. they make everything go faster. it's not some kind of privacy invading spy weapon... it's an x-ray.
    Really? Take a look: HowStuffWorks "Do backscatter X-ray systems pose a risk to frequent fliers?"

Do you honestly think a diaper won't show up?

I haven't flown since the summer of 2007. But even so, the only time that I will ever fly again is when the TSA is abolished.