Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking Abenas? *females please read*

Default Leaking Abenas? *females please read*

Sorry if you see this cross posted to a few groups and websites.

So, here's the deal. I have a vagina. I like to wear diapers. Woo. Right now I wear Abena X-form plus. I have noticed, that after a few small wets and maybe a flood, the diaper starts to leak. I'm not talking about 12+ hours. More like around 4 or 5. It isn't out of the legs or anything, but usually right from the crotch, right through the cotton. It has not been a huge leak or anything, but enough that it soaks into my jeans.

And so,

Why are they leaking?

Am I doing something wrong? (wear, flooding too much,etc)

Is it because I have a vagina and therefore cannot as easily reposition where the urine is going?

Have any other female diaper wearers had this problem?

Has this happened on multiple diapers? From different packages?

Are these the new cloth-backed Abenas? I've seen lots of posts suggesting the "breathable" covering is not properly waterproof and tends to leak.

I would have thought female diaper wearers would be less likely to leak, as you're automatically wetting into the right part of the diaper without having to worry about positioning yourself! Sounds like the diapers themselves are to blame, maybe try a different kind and see if you have the same issue?

This has happened on two diapers, from the same package.

It sounds like you have the Abena Air ("cloth-like backing") diapers.

These always seem to wick/squeeze out through the outer shell for me, and for many people on here, with any kind of wear. (I'm sure someone will pop up and say that, no, they wear these for 12+ hours just fine.)

I doubt that your vagina (congratulations, by the way!) is the culprit here.

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    Sorry if you see this cross posted to a few groups and websites.

So, here's the deal. I have a vagina. I like to wear diapers. Woo. Right now I wear Abena X-form plus. I have noticed, that after a few small wets and maybe a flood, the diaper starts to leak. I'm not talking about 12+ hours. More like around 4 or 5. It isn't out of the legs or anything, but usually right from the crotch, right through the cotton. It has not been a huge leak or anything, but enough that it soaks into my jeans.

And so,

Why are they leaking?

Am I doing something wrong? (wear, flooding too much,etc)

Is it because I have a vagina and therefore cannot as easily reposition where the urine is going?

Have any other female diaper wearers had this problem?

You don't pee out of your vagina, just FYI :P but yes, we've had a lot of people posting about liquid seeping out of the cloth-backed abenas. There's nothing to be done about it, I'm afraid...best to stick to plastic-backed for now.

I've had this happen with other cloth-backed products, too, including Walgreens fitted briefs. If the issue is with plastic-backed briefs, you may have what we call a pinhole leak. This sometimes happens when the absorbent crystals actually puncture the plastic slightly during manufacture. If so, it's a bad lot of briefs and if you haven't used too many, you might be able to return the unused ones for replacement or refund.

No, they are the older plastic abenas, from xpmedical.

Yes, I know I don't pee out of my vagina. The point was that I can't move my urethra like a male can.

And, did I just get a congratulations on my vag?

Yes. Yes you did.

It sounds like, as BachBrahms said, you may have a pinhole leak. Or a manufacturing defect. Either way, it is entirely possible that only one or two diapers out of that pack will not leak in this way.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong (unless you're cutting open "vent holes" because it's just too hot to wear diapers right now!), and your vagina is not at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    No, they are the older plastic abenas, from xpmedical.

Yes, I know I don't pee out of my vagina. The point was that I can't move my urethra like a male can.

And, did I just get a congratulations on my vag?

unfortunately cloth backed diapers are not meant for long term wear that is why most cloth backed are pull ups well most diapers are plastic backed. so it is not you it is just the fact that diaper company make their diapers expecting that once you are wet you well change out of it as soon as possible not stay in it as long as you can like many TB/AB/ and DLs do