Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kid Shampoo & Body wash

Default Kid Shampoo & Body wash

Does anyone use kiddie shampoos and/or body wash? I have been thinking about using some except I was worried that I might smell to 'kid like'... What's your experience of using them do they really leave strong odour like some body wash/shampoo?

Currently I use johnson&johnson's natural baby shampoo and it smells sweet like almonds or coconuts. It also leaves my hair very soft! I also use baby body wash when my skin is being exceptionally sensitive. Most baby products are very lightly scented due to the fact that baby skin is more sensitive than adult skin and can't stand up to the harsh fragrances that adult products have. You'll probably end up with a soft and vaguely sweet odor about you after using them, but nothing that would make people go "you're using baby stuff!!!!" (incidentally if they did tell them it smells good and doesn't irritate your skin/scalp. It's also cheap!)

one thing to note is that baby body wash isn't meant to get rid of sweat-odor (especially if you're a guy). So if you're sweaty you might want to consider using another soap in addition. (a complimentary smell to most baby stuff is dove soap, their body bars are actually pretty inexpensive and leave your skin feeling nice)

have fun!

CrinklySiren

I use baby magic shampoo and johnsons baby oil when I shower and then baby cologne after showering, I absolutely love it excuses like littlemiss said it makes your hair and skin really soft, and the smell is far from strong. Even the cologne wears off in about half an hour

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    one thing to note is that baby body wash isn't meant to get rid of sweat-odor (especially if you're a guy). So if you're sweaty you might want to consider using another soap
    LittleMiss is correct about the ability to cover an adult's sweat smells. I like to use Zest bar soap. It gets you clean and gets all the oils from sweating off your skin. However, after rinsing the Zest soap off, I then use a liquid soap made by Huggies. It has a really nice fragrance to it. However, the fragrance does wear off, so you don't smell like a baby all day. I have found that this liquid soap made by Huggies is VERY good for sensitive skin. I like to use it to relieve the sting of sunburn during the summer and help put moisture back into
    my skin. I HATE dry skin in the winter time! But it also helps keep skin moisturized during a sunburn too.

So if anyone you want this bought for you, it IS cheaper than most 'specialized' soaps and works very well!

Does anyone remember "Matey" bubble bath, in a bottle made to look like a sailor? I used to love that when I was a kid.

But LittleMiss and Cherub are right - I sweat like a typical bloke so I use stuff designed to deal with men-smells >.<

I used to use J&J baby wash but I found out recently that some of the ingredients are suspected of causing cancer (I know what doesn't cause cancer but if you know something can cause it why still use it?)
    Since then I've been using Daily Renewal Disney Baby Wash & Shampoo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disney Baby Wash.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	12429

pamperchu

I use J&J or Baby Einstein shampoo if I can find it.

Name:	038W574827110001_20100401160222419.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	12430

I also add Luvs or Pampers sent oils to the shampoo to make it smell stronger.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I use J&J or Baby Einstein shampoo if I can find it.

Name:	038W574827110001_20100401160222419.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	12430

I also add Luvs or Pampers sent oils to the shampoo to make it smell stronger.
    Luvs and pampers scented oil? Where can I buy that?!

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    Luvs and pampers scented oil? Where can I buy that?!

The Magic Fresh and Diaper Fresh smell like Pampers and Luvs. I found them on ebay a few years ago for about $30

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post

The Magic Fresh and Diaper Fresh smell like Pampers and Luvs. I found them on ebay a few years ago for about $30
    I have each one of those and neither of them smells like luvs or pampers, I say this because I compared it to an actual luvs diaper (which I have with me), not even close .