Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy/Diaper "exploding"

Default Nappy/Diaper "exploding"

Hey fellas!

I've recently seen this news story in our local newspaper, and it seemed just a little odd to me, and some parts of the situation are either amusing/concerning, depending on which viewpoint one takes.

Here it is: Brighton mum's horror as baby's nappy 'explodes' (From The Argus)

Read it, and see what you think of it: you don't see a news story like this every day!

Wow she overreacted... She overreacted even by using the word explode... she should've used broke open and it's not pamper's fault it got all over the baby.

Huh. She obviously doesn't change her kid's diaper often enough, if the thing gets to bursting point.

It just went off like a bomb? Bang... and there's SAP everywhere, just like that?

What an idiot! Any wonder pampers fobbed her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3R0 View Post
    $10 voucher :P
    Haha. Exactly.

This can happen...I seen[actually heard] it happen once...

When my close friend's aunt son was around 1 1/2 years old, one day he allready soaked a huggies alot jumped up on the couch and when he fell on his bum.......BOOM!! Fluff stuff everywhere...I giggled when I heard and saw what happened...

Yes, diapers can explode like bombs too...FWWWHAHAHAAH!!!

This story is nuts!!!

Shouldn't really be that surprising that the diaper ruptures when it reaches capacity.

I can understand why she might get the idea that the crystals could cause a rash, however if she took better care of changing the kid she probably wouldn't have had that issue.

It's not the diaper filler that causes a rash, it's prolonged exposure to urine on the skin.