Thread: I just want to be a baby all day today..

Default I just want to be a baby all day today..

... But there is no chance at that.

I can't do the stuff that I regularly do, because I'm not in my regular spot. I'm living away from home.

The most I can do here is use my paci, but other than that, zilch. To make matters worse, I can't spend the day with my mommy because she is about 2 hours away, and I have far to much work to get through before I can even consider relaxing and regressing.

Hmm, it really sucks. Do you guys have any recommendations? I really feel the need to regress, but it seems like a long shot with all of this school work being thrown on my plate.

I can sympathize, my friend. For most of my time in college, I wanted to explore that side of me, but almost always was restricted; I didn't even have a pacifier at that point, come to think of it. Yet, believe it or not, living through a dilemma similar to yours, I believe I learned more about my 'little' side than if I had been able to indulge in what I wanted outright. It goes by a million different adages, but the one that comes to mind is 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'. The more you are kept from the person (or in this case, environment) that means the world to you, the more you gain a deeper and richer appreciation for it.

I have been able to hang onto this tweaked approach to my AB-ism, even though now I am able to partake in regressing whenever I want, for the most part. When hanging out with others who don't know that side of me, my mind picks up on the small things that make me feel 'small' and, in doing so, I'm able to quell that urgent desire without having to don padding or cling to a plushie. For example, I was visiting a friend in Seattle and ended up being driven around; tucked away in the back seat, staring out the window, I couldn't help but feel like a kid being brought along on errands with his Momma. I was able to escape mentally for a while and came away feeling very content.

I know this is cold comfort and I've offered no real solutions. However, I can tell you that not only will your hard work and determination pay off in terms of your future career, but you will also learn a lot about your 'little' side and, possibly, view it in a whole new fashion. Don't give up!

I'm in just about the same boat. I've had the need to regress for a long time now, bu everyone I get the chance to, a friend of mine is regressed instead so I'm stuck taking care of him. I've run out of padding, which is really my main source of regression. A few friends said they'd help get me some, due to my lack of funds and accessability, but go figure, none of them pulled through. Not that I'm really complaining, it wasn't my idea, and I really hate getting gifts, but I'm still stuck without. I have a pacifier and a bottle, and neither one of those really help get me in the mood. Plus considering I have no reliable caretaker, I usually have to regress completely on my own, or fake it until it actually happens. All-in-all, I'm just about to say good bye to the whole regression thing, as it seems like it's not coming any time soon.

All I can really say is it'll all pay off eventually, and you'll be able to regress easily. Diapers, pacifier, bottle, whatever gets you in the mood will be in steady supply in the not-too-distant future.