Thread: plastic sheet questions

Default plastic sheet questions

for awhile now ive had an absorbant, spongey kind of mattress protector, it says its waterproof and my mattress underneath has come to no harm.

however im thinking i might change to a traditional waterproof sheet (i found them in local spotlight) i just wondering, if i leak, due to the plastic-ness does the puddle spread out a long way and get cold fast? id both love and hate this depending on the day.

appreciate any info!

I have the waterproof spongy protector like you now and like it better than my plastic sheet I had before. The plastic sheet is very noisy and HOT!! If you have a anything other than a small leak expect it to spread far unlike the spongy protector. If your going for the true "bedwetter" look, feel & sound you can't beat the plastic sheet but it does have its down sides. However they tend to be inexpensive so you might give it a shot.

On a side note: I sure had some fun in Australia when my sub pulled into the Sterling Naval Base near Perth!!

Quote Originally Posted by douglasfir77 View Post
    I have the waterproof spongy protector like you now and like it better than my plastic sheet I had before. The plastic sheet is very noisy and HOT!! If you have a anything other than a small leak expect it to spread far unlike the spongy protector. If your going for the true "bedwetter" look, feel & sound you can't beat the plastic sheet but it does have its down sides. However they tend to be inexpensive so you might give it a shot.

On a side note: I sure had some fun in Australia when my sub pulled into the Sterling Naval Base near Perth!!
    Thankyou! That's exactly what I wanted I think I'll get one as its getting cold and I am after that 'bedwetter' thing.

We Aussies seem to be known for good times, I'm certainly lucky to live here, but Perth is a long way away!

With those plastic sheets if you read the destructions they do say to put them underneath quite a few layers (like a mattress protector and sheepskin) so you aren't sleeping on a thin sheet and plastic but doing that definitely reduces the impact.

For sure the wetness spreads from any leaks and can make it cold, when this happens I know it is tempting to just put the affected sheet in the wash but if you do remember to sponge off the plastic sheet so it doesn't degrade too quickly.

Of course if you do just wash the sheets and sponge off the plastic sheet it can lead to unexpected exposure if people stop in unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by beeeblebum View Post
    for awhile now ive had an absorbant, spongey kind of mattress protector
    Could you give a link to a pic please, I've never heared about these things before

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby88 View Post
    Could you give a link to a pic please, I've never heared about these things before
    I can't find a pic of mine, but I just bought it in Kmart, not marketed at bedwetters, just a mattress protector that happens to also be waterproof.

For those of you that like the feel of a wet bed, but hate the coldness after a while - try flannel sheets over your plastic cover. They don't get as cold and clammy after a while. The only problem is finding flannel sheets now, especially in the kid prints. I've got a few styles, and am always looking for others.