Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB, Diapers, and a Hospital Stay

Default AB, Diapers, and a Hospital Stay

Well this week I had a very unexpected trip to the Emergency room. So I decided that this time I was going to be brave and allow one of my AB traits to be evident and out in the open about it this time.

When ever I go into the Emergency room the Nurses are pretty good about the fact that I wear diapers. They always have a lot of questions about it.

First one being "we need to get a urine sample so here is the cup for when you think you can give us one?" My answer is always the same. "I am fully incontinent and I cannot voluntarily pee." and the conversation is always the same. They mention a Catheter and we tell them that I have some really bad issues when they cath me. Then they mention a straight catheter. We tell them basically it has the same problem as a regular catheter. So they decide to "talk to the Doctor" usually the doctor says to wait and we will figure it out later.

Well anyway. This time was no different. What was different is that fact that I decided I would bring my pacifier with me and use it when ever I felt like it.

So the First time I needed it was when they were going to put the IV. So I popped it in. A few minutes later a nurse came in and look at it with a slightly weird, but not mean face. She then asked me "what is the deal with the pacifier?" I told her that it helped to keep me calm and relaxed. She said "oh" and put in my IV.

So Everything went pretty well. When I got up to my room I did not try to hide it at all. I sucked it right out in the open in front of nurses and they did not say a word. I was totally amazed and was totally prepared to tell the why I had it.

Also Usually I change myself unless I am to weak to do my diaper changes. They did not give me a hard time about that either. At the other hospitals I have been to they are a little picky about doing my changes for me. But here I told them that I told them that I needed help and they just do it.

I do have to say that I am so glad I brought my binky with me. It keeps me a lot more calm than usual.

Even My mom has been good about me having my binky while she was here. She did not say anything about it. Usually she yells at me asking me if I really need that.

But Having my pacifier has been such a relief to this hospital trip. I can have it when ever I want and I have not had to worry about being strong enough to do anything myself. I got to be a baby in a small way these few days and it made it so much better.

I know if I ever have to stay in a hospital I'll try my hardest to get a plushie in with me.

I've been to the ER quite a few times recently for bad migraines and trust me, they see a lot weirder stuff than binkies. Lol. Last time I was there some guy in the waiting room was relentlessly cussing at his invisible pet squirrel. Anyway, I hope you're feeling much better now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I know if I ever have to stay in a hospital I'll try my hardest to get a plushie in with me.
    Were you in the UK, it would probably be banned on Health and Safety grounds ("could carry germs, dear boy")...

Seriously?! The UK won't allow plushies in hospitals? Geez, that is strict. When my mom was in the hospital a few years back she got sent tons of plushies. They even let me bring my (real) kitten with me once when I was 11 and had a concussion.

It might depend on the hospital. I've worked on a ward for about a year, and I remember one person had a plushie.

I am allowed to have any plushies I want. I have a private room this time but I have always been allowed to have whatever I want in my room. Okay so funny thing. About an hour or so after I wrote that thread, my nurse is in here giving me medications and asked me what was up with the Pacifier. She thought it might be to exercise some muscles in my mouth. I told her that it was purely for my pleasure. I told her I use instead of my thumb. She was totally okay with it. Binky FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside of all the AB things being talked about, I would hope that everything is ok with you. I generally hate hospitals and hate being in them.

My brother-in-law had a blanket with him from home when he had open heart surgery done.. and this thing was bloody huge. I'm assuming a plushie and or binkie would be fine.

I have had plushies in hospital before so I reckon it would be fine