Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage goodnites

Default Vintage goodnites

I just broke into an old pack of goodnites that are plain white and pre-trim fit (they say 1998 on them, yikes). I can't believe how much softer they were back then compared to now. The padding is very cottony and not stiff, and the sides are very stretchy and way softer than any of the more recent sides. They don't look so good as the sides are very a very different white than the padding, but they are bigger and much softer and modern goodnites. I have not wet yet, but despite being a little thicker, I doubt they will hold as much as modern goodnites.

Just thought I would share. I wasn't planning on ever opening the bag, but they just called out to me when I was organizing my long term diaper storage area. I'm glad I swipped one, but I think I am going to keep the rest for use much later.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    They don't look so good as the sides are very a very different white than the padding,
    the yellowing is probably the elastication aging. make sure that the g/n doesn't pong of mould as, if it does, it can be irritating to the skin and nose.
    i'm still saving mine (don't know what for, though).

CrinklySiren

man i miss the old goodnites. The new ones are thin and short. Underjams are thicker but they're too short.

I was offering to sell some here but the powers that be "poo poo" any body selling anything on this site...hopefully those rules can change as minds open.

CrinklySiren

What about ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    What about ebay?
    Ebay's fine, but where else can you find a captive audience than here?

CrinklySiren

Say on here that you are selling it on ebay? :P idk, there is a surprisingly extensive list of abdl items on ebay

I do have about 5 packs of white goodnites as well that I've thought about selling. I think that they are trim fit though. Anybody interested? I might post on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    the yellowing is probably the elastication aging. make sure that the g/n doesn't pong of mould as, if it does, it can be irritating to the skin and nose.
    i'm still saving mine (don't know what for, though).
    There is no yellowing; the goodnites are in perfect condition. The old products had a different material for the sides which is more transperant and less white. The waterproof cover is also kind of clear but is darker than the sides, while the absorbent fluff is very white. Overall, the goodnites have a very obvious white pad in the middle with less vivid white side panels which look very distctly like an absorbant medical product. Not that modern goodnites look like real underwear, but looking like a pull up is better than looking like a white pad attached with weird surgical elastic. As soft as they are, they look like hospital equipment rather than cozy domestic absorbant underwear like pull ups and modern goodnites look. It is kind of like the difference between abena with their stripes and soft plastic vs. depends or tranquility with their sterile white and green or peach overtones.