Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Experiment

Default Great Experiment

For a while I wanted to see what is was like to sit in a bathtub full of water while wearing a diaper. I finally got the chance and I was a great experience. I started small so I decided to go with a goodnite and is swelled up to about 5-7 times than is normally is. eventually the pull up broke open and it contents started to leak out. This is something I will try again but next time with a tape one diaper.

Cushiebabe

Funny...you are creative with your mischief..

Word of warning: don't let it go down the drain if it breaks. Last thing you need is to take apart the drain because you clogged it up with the innards of a diaper. Makes sure to scoop it out and into a garbage, or something similar.

Normally I don't think SAP is a problem for plumbing, but for some long forgotten reason, bathtub drains used to have a "hair trap" between them and the sewer line. (mine's that way, house built in the 50's) So I have to put a strainer on my drain to catch all the hair I shed during a shower. Otherwise about once a year I get to pay a plumber to come out and clean the hair trap because the tub won't drain anymore.

I'd expect the same could happen with SAP, if you have a hair trap. Otherwise, I don't think it's a problem.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    (mine's that way, house built in the 50's) So I have to put a strainer on my drain
    I'd expect the same could happen with SAP, if you have a hair trap. Otherwise, I don't think it's a problem.
    Same here. The house I am in is an older style house. I have to keep on top of cleaning out the trap, else the tub drain can really get slowed down. I don't do too many baths because the tub in my house isn't big enough for me to sit comfortably in it, so I just shower. Still, when ever I am in the shower with a diaper, I have a strainer over the drain to catch the SAP should a diaper break open.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Word of warning: don't let it go down the drain if it breaks. Last thing you need is to take apart the drain because you clogged it up with the innards of a diaper. Makes sure to scoop it out and into a garbage, or something similar.
    When I took it off hardly anything got out of the diaper

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Normally I don't think SAP is a problem for plumbing, but for some long forgotten reason, bathtub drains used to have a "hair trap" between them and the sewer line. (mine's that way, house built in the 50's) So I have to put a strainer on my drain to catch all the hair I shed during a shower. Otherwise about once a year I get to pay a plumber to come out and clean the hair trap because the tub won't drain anymore.

My house was built in the fifties too.

Use salt to disolve the SAP, but the fibers that are also part of a diaper's interior could be bad for your drain.

CrinklySiren

Ive done that before, I do it every now and then because its fun to fill the diaper up completely lol. Ive done it with a Depends Max Protection, a Bambino Bellisimo, Cushies, Super Dry Kids, Goodnites, Abena M4, Molicare, Bambino Teddy, Classico, Bianco... Pretty much any diaper ive ever owned, except for sample packs like Unique Wellness or Dry 24/7, although i am definately interested in showering in those diapers because those are supposedly some of the most absorbant, and I cant even imagine how full a Fabine diaper must get from doing that little experiment, but the chances of me EVER getting my hands on a fabine are slim... No way I'm paying $100 for an 8 pack, shouldve bought it from abuniverse when i had the chance

But ive never had a problem with the SAP clogging up the drainage, its pretty smooshy and loose so I doubt it'll cause a problem... then again my house is technically new as it was built in the last 6 years

I've done that before with a wallgreens fitted brief diaper and damn did it swell up hugely

I recently did it with a cushies diaper and relatively got the same effect. The only difference is that it was the softest diaper that I ever felt when it was swelled up with water.