Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people want to become IC?

BabyPikachu

Default Why do people want to become IC?

I'm Incontinent, sure I make the best of it by doing babyish things and wearing printed diapers, but I just dont understand why some people would want to do that to their life. I would much rather wear diapers by choice instead of having them as a necessisity to go anywhere.

In my honest opinion, if you wear diapers for the feelings you get from them, wear them for that. Dont try and change your life, because after about a month or so of needing your diapers the fun will wear off.

What do you guys think?

(This has probably been brought up before, sorry if it has)

MonarchMonk

Most people that try and do it don't realize the problems and consequences of what happens when you are incontinent. (Just to side-note, I am not incontinent.)

I'm sure there was this one thread around on this section where this one person wanted to become incontinent in some way and then everyone jumped in and told him no.

I think the reason is two fold. One, it validates the desire to wear diapers, by making them necessary. Personally I think that is the more subconscious and probably not as big of a reason as the second one is. The second reason is that it closely resembles infancy which is, after all, the big attraction here. The lack of control that incontinence brings is the closest thing one can get to being a baby, not just on the physiological side, but also on the mental side. I doubt any of this is at the forefront of someone's mind when they are thinking about being IC, but I imagine the reasons I listed are at play.

I have to ask the same question: Why would people want to become incontinent, so they can depend on wearing protection all the time? I wear 24/7, but don't have accidents very often. However, it has more to do with ASD, and my needing to maintain control of my condition so it doesn't get out of hand. I truly wish I was never born with it, and I also wish I never had the need for diapers, let alone the curious interest during my early childhood. It doesn't matter where I move to, which jobs I have, which schools I attend, which church I get involved in, or which meetings I attend. It follows me everywhere I go, and limits many activities that others can take for granted. I am having to stop wearing standard underwear, because that has proven to be problematic for me over the years. And this is by specific recommendations from a medical doctor, because of this condition I was born with. People don't blame me for this, but I also don't get credit for my capabilities. Live with a developmental disability once, and then you folks will understand what it's like, to view the world through the eyes of a child. And often, be treated like one.

And finally, I'm going to be real blunt and some of you might not like this. For the marshmallow freaks: Go right on ahead and have your operation to cut that sphincter, so you'll no longer need to worry about following your favorite thread. You'll get what you want, and it'll feel good for a short time. But you'll also learn the hard lesson of what it's like to become socially unacceptable, lose your job, and then most likely, be placed under guardianship or shipped off to a nursing home. Whatever! But I certainly can't see how people can be in their right minds if they want to have those limits imposed on their lives, just for a short-term SEXUAL gratification. Dumb!

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    I have to ask the same question: Why would people want to become incontinent, so they can depend on wearing protection all the time? I wear 24/7, but don't have accidents very often. However, it has more to do with ASD, and my needing to maintain control of my condition so it doesn't get out of hand. I truly wish I was never born with it, and I also wish I never had the need for diapers, let alone the curious interest during my early childhood. It doesn't matter where I move to, which jobs I have, which schools I attend, which church I get involved in, or which meetings I attend. It follows me everywhere I go, and limits many activities that others can take for granted. I am having to stop wearing standard underwear, because that has proven to be problematic for me over the years. And this is by specific recommendations from a medical doctor, because of this condition I was born with. People don't blame me for this, but I also don't get credit for my capabilities. Live with a developmental disability once, and then you folks will understand what it's like, to view the world through the eyes of a child. And often, be treated like one.

And finally, I'm going to be real blunt and some of you might not like this. For the marshmallow freaks: Go right on ahead and have your operation to cut that sphincter, so you'll no longer need to worry about following your favorite thread. You'll get what you want, and it'll feel good for a short time. But you'll also learn the hard lesson of what it's like to become socially unacceptable, lose your job, and then most likely, be placed under guardianship or shipped off to a nursing home. Whatever! But I certainly can't see how people can be in their right minds if they want to have those limits imposed on their lives, just for a short-term SEXUAL gratification. Dumb!
    THANK YOU. Honestly the only thing that belongs up there is either a vibrator, someone else' unit, or things your body is trying to get rid of. Its been proven time and time again that food does not belong up our asses, but people swear they know it all... People refuse to accept that even babies don't mess involuntarily.. they just don't know what to do or where else to go, or even how to stop it... Its not like they mess themselves and don't even realize it.. Why is that so hard to accept?

Being incontinent is uncomfortable, embarrassing, causes a lot of worry and seriously curtails your social life (assuming you have one and are not a basement-dwelling troglodyte tied to the computer 24/7). I am coping, just, but I can't think of one positive thing about it. Even if you love diapers and like to wet them, why not just wear them and wet them on purpose?

It reminds me of people who want to be amputees even though their limbs are perfectly healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    First off do you really think it's a good idea to call people freaks on a support site? secondly the point of the marshmallow trick is to cause temporary incontinence. I'm not supporting or encouraging it and personally will never try it but if others enjoy it power them. Also not everyone does it for sexual gratification some do it as a form of coping and emotional release. While I agree trying to become incontinent is a bad idea you're coming off as a bit of an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    THANK YOU. Honestly the only thing that belongs up there is either a vibrator, someone else' unit, or things your body is trying to get rid of. Its been proven time and time again that food does not belong up our asses, but people swear they know it all... People refuse to accept that even babies don't mess involuntarily.. they just don't know what to do or where else to go, or even how to stop it... Its not like they mess themselves and don't even realize it.. Why is that so hard to accept?
    Marshmallows are pretty much concentrated sugar and pose very little threat to the body. Honestly most vibrators/dildos/dicks are more likely to have particulates and such that will harm the body. While babies might not mess involuntarily (although depending on age I question the validity of that statement) they also don't really care what shapes or colors are on their footie pj, what there pacifiers look like or a lot of other things that are important to many ab's. So if it makes it feel more really for them does it really matter if it matches up to reality?

I am not going to argue with you, ChriscoStick, because I do not wish to cause drama. But I am not going to apologize for my blunt statement, either. It is my way of making it very CLEAR that I do not condone or support this activity with a food item. It is unhealthy in my own opinion, plain and simple. And I think there are others besides CrinklyAmk who would also agree with me.

And also: Yes, I DO remember before I was 2 years of age. And believe it or not, there were some colors that were more attractive to me than others. Bright yellow with red, and lighter blues with white were a couple favorites of mine. I didn't care for navy, didn't like gray, and certainly disliked anything a copper, dark green, beige, denim, or corduroy. I wore them anyway, because that's what I was given. And I also didn't care for Cheetos or tomato soup. The Gerber pineapple was OK, not bad. Arrowroot was kind of bland, but my taste buds were sensitive enough to where they actually tasted kind of like a sweet biscuit. No, I didn't like Cheerios. I guess I can go into more detail about toy preferences, but I think most of you can get the picture.

And now let's put this together: Yes, babies have some control over the sphincter, and it doesn't take too long to learn when and when not to release. However, sometimes, it is SO OVERPOWERING that they CANNOT hold it in any longer, and MISS the opportunity to reach the chair. That's how it was with me. I finally got a lid on it when I was 3 1/2, and was able to tell my parents when I was having an urge, so they could get me to a restroom as soon as possible. I transitioned directly out of diapers, to regular underwear. And this was because I wanted to be an adult, not a kid. For more than 30 years after that, I struggled, not fully realizing the gravity of my disability and the impact it would have on me later. But at least, I can back track well enough to tell my story.

Yes, babies have voluntary control, and can learn in a short time when it's "proper" after they learn to not fear depositing their waste in the correct reciprocal. But most of you probably don't remember just how much power an involuntary muscle has on a person that young. Plus, the inability to determine whether it's gas, or something else. Some of you like to have a refresher course, I suppose, but it is STILL not the same. I remember, but I don't care to repeat. So, I will pass on that. I have enough other stuff to worry about with bills and medically-related expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    My son messes his diapers on purpose. He is not even ready to be potty trained. But yet he likes watching his dad go pee in the toilet. I have introduced him to his potty chair but he isn't interested yet.

Actually infants are capable of controlling their bodily functions, you just have to teach them what to do with them and they call it elimination communication and they are basically training you. It's more common in Asia and Africa, the middle east. Diapers were intended for to catch accidents because they can't hold it long as we can but our country has just gotten lazy about it and we have came to believe babies are not capable. Plus it's socially unacceptable to pull out the infant potty on the bus and set your baby on it for them to go after you take their diaper off. You can't do that anywhere in public so it makes EC even harder for us to do it. Also the fact you have to hold them over the potty for every 20 minutes, how are you supposed to do that when you are out in public or on the road? Diapers makes it a lot easier for us so we prefer if they just use their diapers.

But what always disgusts me is when parents tell their toddlers or older kids to just use their diaper. Probably hypocritical of me but to me it's a sign of laziness because the parent can't be bothered to take them to the bathroom. I don't know why I have this thinking but it seems so wrong to make a child use their diaper. Maybe the child has a medical condition and they can hardly make it to the potty so the parent doesn't see the point in why they should keep trying if they will just have an accident so they will mind as well use their diaper. Even incontinent people find their diapers much easier to use than stressing about making it to the bathroom and making a mess on the floor or on their clothes so they use their diapers than trying to make it to the bathroom and it's less stressful that way.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Why do people wish to be incontinent? Because they are foolish. They do not realize the bad aspects of it. Running out of diapers when they are our in public or on vacation and having to try and find a place that sells them, the leaks, not being able to change when they have to, leaking because they couldn't change in time because they can't hold it if they have to go again, humiliating messy accidents. There are Murphy's Law in involved. People just want to be incontinent because they want to have a reason to wear diapers and get away with it and not be judged, the feeling of being a baby by having no control, the ability to pee anywhere.

Sometimes I do wish to be incontinent but then I think of the bad aspects of it and it's not what I want. At least when I get a rash, I can go diaperless and not get pee on the furniture. I can lie down and sleep and not leak all over the couch because I can decide to relax my muscles or hold it until I get up and I have the ability to stop the flow if I notice the diapers about to leak or I feel a wet spot.

There are some people out there that don't mind being incontinent and they enjoy it but I think they are the minority. But I am sure they get times where they wish they didn't have it. I haven't seen an incontinent person say yet they never wish they didn't have it sometimes even though they don't mind it.

Because they don't realize what a large negative impact it would have on their lives. That said, I would like to be IC for a single day, just to see what it's like. I've done that with other disabilities, and it was an interesting experience, so I think this would too.