Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payback for a Blackmailing Teacher

Default Payback for a Blackmailing Teacher

So for the last two weeks was star testing and my teacher told me the 2 days I was testing which means most of my time is off during that time. She gave me a ton of work and told me I have to do it by monday and I barely managed to finish it. Well I get to school today for the first day back and she asks me for it so I go in my bag to grab it and it was not there, I forgot it on my desk. She then told me that as I did not come in for the majority of a week and then a week after that she will give me a truancy (because I forgot the book). She then game me more work than before what I barely finished in the 2 weeks to do the first half and bring it to her tomorrow and the second half by Wednesday, I miss a parts due date and I get a truancy. This ruins my career and college chances since I am in 11th grade so she is screwing me over good. My chances of reporting her with no punishment from her because she is close to those of authority in the school so I can't do that. I need a way to get her out of my life without ruining it any more. She also refuses to authorize my transfer to another teacher so I can't do anything, I'm stuck with no options.

Then it sounds like the only options remaining are to figure out how to get on her good side, or find a new school.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretlyme View Post
    This ruins my career and college chances since I am in 11th grade so she is screwing me over good.
    This won't mess your chances up too much bro. It may have a little dent, but you should be fine.

That being said, I'm not advocating missing classes and what not (I am in 11th grade too... well, technically 12th, but not until school starts back up)

How is "payback" going to feel good without using the proper channels of discipline? Are you going to trash her room? Vandalize her car? Tarnish her reputation? I cannot see any way of getting "payback" without breaking some school rule or law, and payback doesn't always feel as good as we think it does. My only advice to you is to go in, and tell her she was right. Appease her. Admit defeat, and beg for mercy. Even if you weren't wrong either...

Catperson

How is one truancy going to ruin your school career?

Quote Originally Posted by Auby View Post
    How is "payback" going to feel good without using the proper channels of discipline? Are you going to trash her room? Vandalize her car? Tarnish her reputation? I cannot see any way of getting "payback" without breaking some school rule or law, and payback doesn't always feel as good as we think it does. My only advice to you is to go in, and tell her she was right. Appease her. Admit defeat, and beg for mercy. Even if you weren't wrong either...
    I was planning more on a career ended for her by whatever it takes

Document everything she does and has done. Write it down in a notebook with dates, times, etc. Keep track of everything she does that is wrong. (Make sure it's wrong, and not just irritating). Hell, get your parents involved. Once you've got enough, take it to the principal and sit down with him/her and have an intelligent, calm discussion about the teacher. Just because she's a teacher doesn't mean she has the right to walk all over you.

Just make sure that what she is doing is actually WRONG, or else you'll look dumb.

And if the principal won't help, go to the superintendent of the district.

I hope this helps. Teachers don't get to F*** with students. They never did with me. Best of luck.

What is your first and primary language? I ask because your last comment almost sounded like you were threatening to end her career by any means you want. That sets off red flags for me considering how many school shoots and other violence we have seen in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    What is your first and primary language? I ask because your last comment almost sounded like you were threatening to end her career by any means you want. That sets off red flags for me considering how many school shoots and other violence we have seen in the last few years.
    He's worried about it affecting his chances to get into college. So your partly assuming he's going to try to kill his teacher? <_>

Yeah, if he does that life is pretty much over asides from getting some "love" from some guy named Bubba in prison.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by MarchThackery View Post
    Document everything she does and has done. Write it down in a notebook with dates, times, etc. Keep track of everything she does that is wrong. (Make sure it's wrong, and not just irritating). Hell, get your parents involved. Once you've got enough, take it to the principal and sit down with him/her and have an intelligent, calm discussion about the teacher. Just because she's a teacher doesn't mean she has the right to walk all over you.

Just make sure that what she is doing is actually WRONG, or else you'll look dumb.

And if the principal won't help, go to the superintendent of the district.

I hope this helps. Teachers don't get to F*** with students. They never did with me. Best of luck.
    This is the best answer by far. You're not going to be able to legally do anything to her as other means of "revenge", but you can do a lot to document what she's doing and properly report her for it. Getting your parents involved is a very good idea, especially talking with the principal with ample evidence in hand. It might not permanently solve your problems, but it can do a lot to allieviate them.

My friend got written up for insubordination awhile back, because he fell asleep during a movie with a substitute teacher, because the instructions for the substitute obviously included "Students are not allowed to sleep". He obviously didn't do it on purpose, and by getting his parents involved and having a calm discussion with the principal and the teacher, he ended up getting a letter of recommendation out of it (He was a good student to begin with, it was just a tiny incident) rather than having it go on his permanent record. Obviously your situation is a lot different, but it's just an example of how much can be accomplished by simple discussion.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    He's worried about it affecting his chances to get into college. So your partly assuming he's going to try to kill his teacher? <_>

Yeah, if he does that life is pretty much over asides from getting some "love" from some guy named Bubba in prison.
    I don't think that he thinks that the OP is going to do something violent, I think he just wants to warn him to be careful with how he words it, with how seriously school violence is taken. It's definitely a serious issue, and in many cases in the past, there were many signs beforehand that an individual was angry or violent, and had they been taken more seriously, such incidents might be prevented.

There's also the point that threats or even POSSIBLE threats are taken very seriously as well, and he just wants to make Secretlyme aware of what his statement could be taken as, so that he doesn't have any problems because of what he posted here.