Thread: Are these the old plastic-backed Abena M4s? Are they still available in the UK?

Question Are these the old plastic-backed Abena M4s? Are they still available in the UK?

My stockpile of the old plastic-backed Abena Abri-Form M4s is getting low and I was wondering whether I'm still in time to buy some before they disappear and are replaced by the Comfort/Premium lines...?

I got them from Dorset Nursing Supplies before, and it looks like these (see below) are the old fully-plastic-backed M4s, but I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows for sure... Has anyone ordered some recently?

3d - Abri-Form Medium Extra Plus | Abri-Form - Abena Range | Adult Diapers / Nappies

The product code for the old ones was 4163, but the one on the web page is 416301... I'm not sure if that's a typo of 416310 (the new Comfort line) or they've just added "01" so all the Abena products have six-digit codes...

Help...!!!

Search Abena on Amazon, should be one of the first results

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    My stockpile of the old plastic-backed Abena Abri-Form M4s is getting low and I was wondering whether I'm still in time to buy some before they disappear and are replaced by the Comfort/Premium lines...?

I got them from Dorset Nursing Supplies before, and it looks like these (see below) are the old fully-plastic-backed M4s, but I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows for sure... Has anyone ordered some recently?

3d - Abri-Form Medium Extra Plus | Abri-Form - Abena Range | Adult Diapers / Nappies

The product code for the old ones was 4163, but the one on the web page is 416301... I'm not sure if that's a typo of 416310 (the new Comfort line) or they've just added "01" so all the Abena products have six-digit codes...

Help...!!!
    As far as we're aware, Abena is going to continue to produce the plastic backed M4/L4 until this end of this year at least.

We've been told by them that the size 4 will not be in the new Comfort Line, so they may keep on selling the current Comfort M4/L4. I hope they do, so long as there is good enough volume to justify it. (which there is I believe)

Don't get tripped up on the manufacturing codes. I would imagine that all Abena distributors are now selling the new Comfort Line, and most don't even know it. The codes are the same, the packaging is the same, the only thing that can differentiate them is date.

I've just received a sample pack from Incontinence Products & Continence Products Next Day | IncontinenceChoice.co.uk that includes an M4, and it's plastic-backed so they're still available from there at least. Drylife DryLife Ltd also supplies Abenas.