Thread: I modified my NUK 5!

Default I modified my NUK 5!

So I bought a NUK 5 from Amazon a couple months ago and a pack of MAM glow pacis a couple days ago. I decided to combine the 3 to make my own modified NUK 5
    Here's the basic steps of how I did it, for anyone that wants to know! But we warned, this is not an easy process.

1. Break shield and preserve the button of one pacifier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1335.jpg 
Views:	1889 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	8948

2. Break the button on the second pacifier and save the shield.

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg 
Views:	1390 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	8949

3. Break the shield off you NUK 5.

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg 
Views:	1446 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	8950

4. Combine the teat, button, and shield.

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	8951

All done!

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg 
Views:	1766 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	8952

The exact same method I've used all along. It surprises me that so many people avoid doing this, it's easy and it costs less than ordering a modded nuk 5!

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by VectraPup View Post
    nice work! way better than the original shield of the NUK!
    Agreed! I kinda like the NUK shield because that's what I had when I was little. But I love the look and feel of the MAM shield. It contours to my face much better. Plus it's bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    The exact same method I've used all along. It surprises me that so many people avoid doing this, it's easy and it costs less than ordering a modded nuk 5!

-Ron
    It's definitely cheaper to do it yourself, but it wasn't exactly easy for me lol. Any suggestions on how to take apart pacifiers? I've been using scissors and knives. It takes some time to do it that way, and it causes some damage to all components.

use a paint stripper(a very hot hairdryer)! to make the glue soft, if you make it slightly hot (NOT TO MUCH) it practicly falls apart from itself!
    it worked for me many times! but it takes some practice, be carefull not to disform it to much...

I guess it really depends on what you have around you at the time, I have a workshop with all of the tools I would need in order to get the job done. I usually clamp the pacifier in my vice with a cloth surrounding it (to keep from damaging it) , then I use a hammer and a flathead screwdriver to tap the button away from the shield. It doesn't take much force, and in most cases it doesn't destroy the shield or the button. Again, it all depends on what you have on hand to do the job.

-Ron