Thread: Explaining it - Help?

jj2jjj

Red face Explaining it - Help?

Hi, so I told my mum yesterday and she's had the dream response. However she has since been looking up to try to find out more. I don't want her looking at wrong places and them giving her the wrong idea so I've come to you guys for some help.

I'm a DL. I use Diapers for stress relief only. Can you guys please help me compile a list of information about this to explain more to her? Thanks

So, when you say "dream response" I assume you mean that she was understanding and wanted to help you.

So why don't you just explain to her that it is for stress relief? No real need to compile any information beyond, "I'm under stress and this is how I deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by jj2jjj View Post
    Hi, so I told my mum yesterday and she's had the dream response.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean she had a "dream response" but let's see if I can help ya out here with the info you've given.

Quote Originally Posted by jj2jjj
    However she has since been looking up to try to find out more. I don't want her looking at wrong places and them giving her the wrong idea so I've come to you guys for some help.
    Well if she's been looking for a while, I'm sure she's found a bunch of stuff that maybe even has nothing to do with your desires. So you're probably going to have to be prepared to counter what she has to say next conversation. This seems to be a common issue I keep seeing on here more times than one. A younger AB/DL tells their folks the bare minimum, or is rather unprepared for such a conversation, and it might end up making the situation more complicated for them depending.

First and foremost this site is this best list of information, particularly the articles which will lead to more info. So having an understanding of it and articulating it clearly and properly to your mom is your best tool, while remaining very cool and firm about it:

This article addresses frequently asked questions and provides a link to Understanding Infantilism which is a fantastic academic site. http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/1...d-diapers.html

It's not only about having the information, it's about being able to articulate it clearly and conducting yourself in a manner that leads to better understanding. Hope that helps.

jj2jjj

Hey people, check my previous thread for what I mean by dream response Basically she is completely accepting, understanding and knows quite a bit already. She's totally fine with me doing it and so on

Quote Originally Posted by jj2jjj View Post
    Hey people, check my previous thread for what I mean by dream response Basically she is completely accepting, understanding and knows quite a bit already. She's totally fine with me doing it and so on
    Then I guess....okay then? Heh I was under the impression there was a lack of info, well if that's the case then that article and site is all you really need then.